Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Bob the Galactic Bum vs Project Overkill - Round 1 He

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 November, 2021, 06:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

The Enigmatic Dr X

I would have sworn Bob wasn't in 2000ad!

So Project Overkill, as you'll never never persuade me otherwise.

EDIT: So it was reprinted in the Meg. Does that mean Preacher counts? And that's not meant to be facetious. Is there a difference between Preacher and Bob and something like Al's Baby? All creator owned after all...
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 02 November, 2021, 09:39:43 PM
EDIT: So it was reprinted in the Meg. Does that mean Preacher counts? And that's not meant to be facetious. Is there a difference between Preacher and Bob and something like Al's Baby? All creator owned after all...

Yeah acknowledged mistake BUT I allowed this one to carry on they very dodgy ground of Asbo being a unique element of the meg reprint... I make my excuses here

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=48011.msg1070055#msg1070055

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2021, 10:08:30 PM

Yeah acknowledged mistake BUT I allowed this one to carry on they very dodgy ground of Asbo being a unique element of the meg reprint... I make my excuses here

I wasn't having a go! (I just wondered how far Preacher might go). You're doing a sterling and commendable job.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 03 November, 2021, 08:31:25 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 November, 2021, 10:08:30 PM

I wasn't having a go! (I just wondered how far Preacher might go). You're doing a sterling and commendable job.

Oh I didn't think you were, after all I'm not a bar man guarding his spoons. Just felt it was a reasonable question and others would be thinking te same, so worth flagging the (poor) excuses made!

Colin YNWA

Well there's a bit of a rally from Project Overkill here after a slow start for the thrill - will it continue today on the final day of voting? If it does who knows how the result will go when I count up in the morning, so get um in...

I, Cosh

Bob the Galactic Bum has nice art but is painfully unfunny. I find it fascinating that the incidental humour in the average Wagner & Grant strip is hilarious yet when they try to write a straight up comedy it falls flat. The first Bogie Man might be the only exception.

Project Overkill I can only vaguely remember from the old EE. It was quite of its time but it least it was a genuine Thrill!

Project Overkill.
We never really die.

maryanddavid

Loved the DC Bob, but subbing in 'Asbo' for Lobo just didn't work.

Project Overkill it is, an overlooked "B' story, with great art.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well damn Bob got himself a good lead, bu then Project Overkill started to pull back, and pull back and pull back. Bod was still getting votes but Project was killing ther second half the tie... but it wasn't enough to over turn the blistering start and

Bob the Galactic Bum

Held on to storm into the 2nd round.

Such a shame as Project Overkill is a bit of a forgotten gem. I mean its far from perfect but its a fun effective thriller and damn that art is great.