General Chat > Games

Cursed Earth Card Game by Osprey - House Rules?

(1/2) > >>

The Bissler:
I know this game has been out for a long time but I just picked up a copy...

I'm really impressed with the production values, particularly in respect of Dan Cornwell and Rufus Dayglo's artwork. As for the game itself, I like the system but, echoing some of the comments on long-dead threads I spotted elsewhere here, I found it punishingly difficult!

I have spotted a youtube video which shows that it can be done, but I was wondering how often fellow players managed a win? It seems so hard that I've been considering giving Dredd an extra 2 health, Giant 1 and Anderson a free Psi get out of jail card, maybe even adding an extra ration or bullet to the starting pool.

The other house rule I'm already considering (as a result of being a keen tabletop gamer) is introducing some dice rolling, likely using Warlord's dice from the Strontium Dog and Judge Dredd games. I haven't quite thought that one through yet, but I would apply it to any fight situation that arises in the card game.

So, 2 questions:

Has anyone else created their own house rules?

Has anyone completed the game without tweaking it and, if so, does it happen often? (I'm assuming not!)

gurnard:
Yeah I increased everything for all users and still could not win.
No I have never won.

But yeah it is a lovely game. :-)

sheridan:
Not tried any house rules, but haven't won yet either (not that we've tried for a while, but it's a good game, other than apparently being impossible to win).

Dark Jimbo:
I really need to break this put again - one of the few games I own which has a solo mode!

CalHab:
Its a beautiful game but I just couldn't get into it. I think I probably just don't enjoy solo games.

I absolutely loved Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter, though. I got the Dark Judges expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully it did well enough that they can justify more. An ABC Warriors/Nemesis expansion would be brilliant!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version