Main Menu

Sideshow Vote - Mister Bad Company Showdown

Started by broodblik, 16 February, 2022, 04:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

He is certainly one of the most prolific comic writers currently in the business. His best work is certainly Bad Company (those guys over the pond do not count). So, you guessed it this is all about Mr. Milligan but there is a catch we exclude all his short stories and naturally Bad Company (where is the fun in it? when we all know the outcome)

So here are the candidates:
•   Bix Barton
•   Counterfeit Girl
•   Freaks
•   Hewligan's Haircut
•   Shadows
•   Sooner or Later
•   The Dead
•   Tribal Memories

PS - I have included everything I can remember so if you feel there is one I misted you can vote for it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Barrington Boots

I haven't read The Dead, which seems to be kicking Zombo's zombie ass in the other vote, but everyone seems to love it.
Looking at the rest of this list I'm surprised how many of the thrills are 'alright' and there's no real standout. My favourite has to be Bix Barton - a real mix of the sublime and the dire, but more of the former than that latter - with Shadows running second.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 February, 2022, 08:58:08 AM
My favourite has to be Bix Barton - a real mix of the sublime and the dire, but more of the former than that latter

I'll go with Bix too.

rogue69

Blue Cactus

Counterfeit Girl

I'll also just use this as yet another opportunity to shout REPRINT SHADOWS, THARG! SOME OF US HAVE NEVER READ IT!

maryanddavid

JayzusB.Christ

A lot of great things here but I'm going with Sooner or Later.

But yeah, Shadows was brilliant.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Okay then time to buckle up and vote. This one is so tough, so many thrills I love here. I'm down to three though, Tribal Memories, Shadows and Counterfeit Girl. In doing that I worry I'm being dismissive of Hewilgans and Sooner and Later, thinking of them as fun distractions... and in both cases I'm not sure that's fair either... but here we are.

In the end I think I'll surprise myself and go

Counterfeit Girl

as it reads like the culmination of all those strips... don't ask me tomorrow I'll have changed my mind!

broodblik

AlexF

Counterfiet Girl for me, too

- although I'm very tempted to vote Sooner or Later. Haven't, in the end, because I think more of the fun of that strip comes from McCarthy/Riot.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

broodblik

At the end one thrill got the most of the votes and it is the youngest of them all.

Voting closed the winner:

Counterfeit Girl