Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Deduction is an art.

Is that a wrist watch underneath your left hand, and if so, does that mean you're right-handed?

Simon Beigh

With the success of Buttonman's thread on what he ate on holiday there now seems to be a niche for "Through The Keyhole: SimeonB's Study/Office/Storage Facility"...

I am just off out to ride round the empty streets of London on my push bike with 20,000 other people. If I don't expire, I shall answer all of your lovely, interesting questions about this corner of my house...

hippynumber1

It's a house you say? Hmmmm, it looks like 3 bedrooms from the jaunty angle of that lamp...

Sideshow Bob

Hmmmm.........
Yes, probably in the Stevenage area as well, I think..... :D
It's the quality of the sunlight that gives it away...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

dark-spartan

seeing as the new Slaine strip starts this week thought I would share this one with you - its a great piece that I always wanted to get framed - the only issue is the acetate only comes halfway down the page.  If it was framed I would lose the great scoll at the top

Skullmo

Wow - I absolutely love this page, and was hoping to snag it one day.  Glad to see the original.

I remember liking this so much that I painted my own version when I was 16. Here is my version (please excuse the terrible photograph, it was taken in 2006). Having not seen the real version of it since the 1990s only my version I now imagine it looking like my version :D

It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: dark-spartan on 05 August, 2013, 02:02:13 PM
seeing as the new Slaine strip starts this week thought I would share this one with you - its a great piece that I always wanted to get framed - the only issue is the acetate only comes halfway down the page.  If it was framed I would lose the great scoll at the top

I'm assuming you can flip the acetate so that it's behind the paper instead of sitting on top (ISTR it's usually fastened by one edge to make a sort of 'hinge'). That being the case, you could sit a new sheet of acetate over the top and add a recreation of the scroll, giving you a frameable version without having to detach the original acetate.

I don't know if the letterer, Steve Potter, is still with us, but he seems to have fallen off the face of the planet and the font version of his hand lettering is lost to us. I've knocked up a passable imitation — if you want to PM me the physical dimensions of the scroll, I can either email you a printable file or post you a hard copy, which I'll trim down with a scalpel.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dark-spartan

Your right - I can flip the acetate so its behind the art

That is very kind of you to make up that scroll- I was going to do something similar but just never got round to it.  I'll head to my portfolio tonight and get the dimensions

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 August, 2013, 02:29:21 PM
Wow - I absolutely love this page, and was hoping to snag it one day.  Glad to see the original.

I remember liking this so much that I painted my own version when I was 16. Here is my version (please excuse the terrible photograph, it was taken in 2006). Having not seen the real version of it since the 1990s only my version I now imagine it looking like my version :D

Bloody good that, mate. You were 16 in 2006! Blimey ;)

Skullmo

Quote from: SimeonB on 05 August, 2013, 06:56:44 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 05 August, 2013, 02:29:21 PM

Bloody good that, mate. You were 16 in 2006! Blimey ;)

No, that was me looking back on my misspent youth! I was 16 back when this was originally published :P

Frank

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 August, 2013, 03:20:55 PM
I've knocked up a passable imitation — if you want to PM me the physical dimensions of the scroll, I can either email you a printable file or post you a hard copy, which I'll trim down with a scalpel.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/jimcampbell2000/Slaine_Scroll-01_zpscfe91925.jpg

How great is Jim Campbell? Proper gent.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: sauchie on 05 August, 2013, 07:24:03 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 August, 2013, 03:20:55 PM
I've knocked up a passable imitation — if you want to PM me the physical dimensions of the scroll, I can either email you a printable file or post you a hard copy, which I'll trim down with a scalpel.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/jimcampbell2000/Slaine_Scroll-01_zpscfe91925.jpg

How great is Jim Campbell? Proper gent.

And seconded !!.....Things like the above is why this is such a great forum........

A fabulous effort there Skullmo ( from your 16 year old self ).......With the quality of that work at 16....Amazing !!.....Did you not think of pursuing a career as a full time artist ??

A tremendous piece of artwork there dark-spartan.............just awesome...
Cheers.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 05 August, 2013, 07:40:31 PM

A fabulous effort there Skullmo ( from your 16 year old self ).......With the quality of that work at 16....Amazing !!.....Did you not think of pursuing a career as a full time artist ??

A tremendous piece of artwork there dark-spartan.............just awesome...
Cheers.

Yes, and then someone told me the page rate!  :'(

hippynumber1

You're supposed to do it for the love man...

Fatboydale

Lovely slaine page & lovely attempt at the slaine ,

Well I am currently in France buying some art on a super secrect trip , thought you may like some piccys