Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Awesome.  Great to see this went your way, Iain!

Link Prime

Nice stuff Iain.
Was ogling these on EBay, but thought they were a tadge overpriced.
If money was no object however...!

Spikes

Ian Senior is one of the best art sellers, i think. His listed prices are as high as you'd expect to see, but he does do deals - and pretty good ones at that.

And as a side note; People may have seen this before it was sold on e-Bay, but 'Judge under arrest' #14 was interesting, as it came with alternative art for the shot of the Judge being adapted for life on Titan.
A nice little curio i thought.

dark-spartan

Here is a little piece I picked up recently from the US.  I always like me a bit of Greg Staples painted art, especially if it is a naked green man in hat with a rat on his shoulder

The seller was great and exceptionally helpfull when it came to shipping the art and dealing with Ebay's new  "International Seller postage system" - the most cra*py thing Ebay have introduced in years. 

Link Prime

Very nice DS.
Don't recall seeing that Fink piece before. Looks like its a mid-90's Staples piece.

dark-spartan

I was told it was from a trading card series done in the 90's

Link Prime

Simon Beigh

I had a look at that, DS, but this bloody International Sales thing on eBay put me off. How did you get round it (and congrats, BTW, it's a lovely piece, and glad it has a good home).

hippynumber1

What's this international sales business; I haven't bought anything from abroad on ebay recently so whatever this is has passed me by...

Simon Beigh

Not sure exactly how it works, but eBay take the import duty and other taxes on payment - so you don't have to pay it when it arrives. Or something like that...

Skullmo

Ebay is getting so annoying. And why does Paypal now take about 3 weeks to pay money from your account?
It's a joke. I was joking.

dark-spartan

Ebay have now decided that if you enter their international mail system you send any packages to their distribution centre rahter than the the buyer directly.

Ebay then work out postage to the UK and here is the worst part the import charges, so you pay import tax on what are in many cases second hand goods

The buyer who sold me the Fink art agreed to re-list the piece at the price I got it for at a set time.  We then did the deal again and they just posted to me direclty at a fraction of the cost, opting out of the international mail system

It can push the cost of things through the roof - be careful if you are buying art from the US

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 October, 2013, 02:39:01 AM
Ebay is getting so annoying. And why does Paypal now take about 3 weeks to pay money from your account?

Bought a page from a 2000AD creator recently.
He got in touch a day after the purchase had been made, asking if I could give him positive feedback (even though I hadn't received the art). I had no problem doing so as he's a nice chap who I dealt with before.
The reason he asked; Ebay now don't allow the Paypal fund to go through to the seller's account until they have received positive feedback! I'm not an Ebay seller, so was a little bit surprised by that.

The iPad app for Ebay has become less than useless since the last update too- a f*cking nightmare trying to find stuff from international sellers, it's almost like they don't want me to buy anything from outside the Republic...

Skullmo

I ditched selling anything on Ebay last year - their customer service is terrible! And these new changes just make it sound even worse!
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

Quote from: dark-spartan on 28 October, 2013, 04:04:01 PM
I was told it was from a trading card series done in the 90's

I was wondering where I knew it from!

When I was a kid I found a vending machine full of Judge Dredd trading cards. I thought this extremely bizarre so used my pocket money to buy as many as I could. That was definitely on one of them.