Main Menu

Nemesis the Warlock - OVERSIZED, "Definitive edition (vol 1) - Due December 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 March, 2023, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I do love the way they've included Jesus Redondo's art on that exclusive coer (boy oh boy that's a lovely cover) his contribution can so often be overlooked.

IndigoPrime

The newsletter is evil, however, in showing all five of the books, already designed.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

I've bought the early Nemesis stuff more often than any other strip (Titan, Rebellion phonebook, Deviant hardcover, Hachette, Heresies hardcovers). I really, really, really do not need to buy it again. And I had zero interest in these new editions until I saw those covers...
@jamesfeistdraws

Tjm86

I have to admit to being seriously disturbed by the images of those volumes.  Then I think about stuff that Rebellion staunchly refuses to republish to the same standards.

I would absolutely love a hardback version of Case files. So far I only have the first 2 and a bit (the first being the 10th anniversary, the second being the first Unedited Cursed Earth).  Even if they just did a limited edition run up 'til the early 80's for now, I'd be a happy bunny.

Rogue Trooper in hardback?  F*** yes. Dix one, Fort Neuro, To the Ends of Nu Earth?  Dave Gibbons, Brett Ewins, Cam Kennedy and Colin Wilson in all their glory in hardback?

Stront is already getting the treatment it deserves.  Granted a lot of these have received the Ultimate Collection treatment but Rebellion do a far better job when it comes to spines (okay, Trigan Empire don't always align but .... AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!).

Max Headroom

I now have it on the highest authority, graphic novels editor Oliver Pickles no less, that these new Nemesis editions will feature all the colour restored and improved repro where it was slightly lacking. In view of this, I have already pre-ordered volume one and am looking forward to the 'definitive' experience!

(I would also like to echo Tjm86's comments about similar treatment for other classic stories. JD Case Files done to this standard would be awesome).

Leigh S

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 July, 2023, 05:47:02 PMStront is already getting the treatment it deserves.  Granted a lot of these have received the Ultimate Collection treatment but Rebellion do a far better job when it comes to spines (okay, Trigan Empire don't always align but .... AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!).

Don't get me started on the Stront series - They've already missed some material (the details of which evade me, but there was a thread about it I'll try and dig up).  I suppsoe they can add them in later volumes, but it's annoying that the chronology is put out of shape.

hellscrape

Having paid a prince's ransom twice for Nemesis in the past couple years (for the Heresies HCs and the Titan paperbacks), I think I will be skipping on these upcoming books. Color inserts do sound nice, but I could also put that money towards other 2000ad books (took up the board's advice and picked up Lawless, will probably also get the Insurrection books). Although, I may come to regret that decision and get the TPB's of these new editions down the line.

Having collected comics since 1993 (thanks, Sam Kieth!), I must say there is something uniquely addictive about 2000ad. I've never had this kind of curiosity for an entire line of comics; I was never a DC/Marvel/Image nut, per se. I was always more about collecting specific artists.

Blue Cactus

Like a lot us I'm tempted by this, and like a lot of us Nemesis is a series
I've acquired quite a few versions of, although for me the last ones were the phonebooks. I do have quite a few Titan editions though too. I'm not usually one for buying multiple versions of a story I've already got... got to wonder if this will really enhance my experience of the strip enough to justify buying this than something I've never read before. But they sure look nice.

Hawkmumbler

I never actually got around to the phonebook editions so sign me up, yes please.

jabish

Are the hardcover editions limited in the same way the Heresies collections were or will they print all pre orders no matter what?

Blue Cactus

I wonder if these will include lavish printing of the Nemesis and Deadlock stuff... kind of hope not (no offence to Critchlow, who I like a lot)

Max Headroom

I would personally be disappointed if these five books did not feature everything that was in the 'Heresies' volumes; only with better repro, colour and presentation.