Main Menu

Looking for an artist to work on a children's book

Started by Bat King, 19 May, 2014, 11:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

I'm looking for an artist who can draw horses. I haven't written the stories yet for this proposal.

My son's fiance may be getting a contract to make cuddly felt horse heads for a Horse Stunt Team. Talks are in very early stages.

The team perform countrywide live and supply horses and stunt riders to TV & Film productions. Most recently they were in Jamaica Inn.

As part of the merch proposal we are thinking of adding delux children's books. A hardback book with a story about a clever horse saving the day. This would be stitch bound with a ribbon bookmark. The bookmark would have the horse's cuddly head attached.

These kind of books are very marketable and the team perform to family audiences. They are great with kids, engaging with them face to face after the show. So this is the sort of thing they may well really take to.

The book would star an actual stunt horse so the ability to draw that horse doing tricks is essential. As this is a children's book a cartoon likeness is obviously fine. I can provide a lot of photos of the horses to aid in getting a likeness. Can't say it too much though... as this would be a licensed getting a likeness is key.

Obviously right now there is no contract. No fees discussed, so I can't offer payment. However if someone comes on board and helps me put together a sample book whatever we make in profit would be shared three ways (Ellis for her work on the cuddly toy, me as Writer and (you) the Artist). Added to that of course is the possibility of Prints and images on items such as Pencils, Cups, Flags etc.

Nothing is certain but without a sample nothing will happen. Of course if the cuddly heads go ahead it will increase the odds of this getting the OK.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mr Eight

This kind of thing?

Good luck with the project

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex