Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

JayzusB.Christ

Didn't recognise the name, then saw from the photo that she was Mary from the shop.  RIP
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Science Fiction Author James Gunn (97) Passed Away on 23 December

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/11/books/james-gunn-dead.html

Colin YNWA

Oh no - seeing reports that Si Spencer has passed away at only 56 - this is horrible news if correct.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comic-book-and-tv-writer-si-spencer-has-died-aged-56/

broodblik

Sad news about Si Spencer :(
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 17 February, 2021, 06:28:42 PM
From 2000AD news section on Si Spencer:

https://2000ad.com/news/si-spencer-1961-2021/

Thats a wonderful write-up for a great writer. Reading The Returners tonight is going to be a very strange experience.

Thoughts with his friends and family.

von Boom

Incredibly sad news about Si Spencer. Too young to go. RIP.

TordelBack

Awful news about Si Spencer. A true original, his Masque of the Judge, Death with John McCrea made a big impression on me all that long way back, and it was great to see him make his return to the Meg over the past few years. And of course both halves of the Creep team have now left us far too young. My sincerest sympathies to his family and friends.

Heath C Ackley

So shocked to hear about the passing of So Spencer. He was a great writer. Respects to his family and friends.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

karlos

Horrible, horrible news.

Rest well, Si.

rogue69

A great lose, Si Spencer was always a charming person to speak to and always seemed to have time for others

His work on the Dreaming and Hellblazer was some of the best things to come out of DC for a while

rogue69

Rush Limbaugh, the controversial US radio personality and political commentator, has died aged 70 after suffering from lung cancer.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: rogue69 on 17 February, 2021, 10:50:20 PM
Rush Limbaugh, the controversial US radio personality and political commentator, has died aged 70 after suffering from lung cancer.

Well that's just typical of the hypocrisy of American Conservatives. He claimed he was pro-life.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Just catching up here. Very sad news about Si Spencer. 

Limbaugh - well, it sucks for his family, but I can't say I'll miss him.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"