Main Menu

Prog 2228 - The Slayer & The Slain

Started by Leigh S, 17 April, 2021, 11:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Surely the worst ending was Dan Dare?

(Oh hang on, it's not... actually... ended)
Lock up your spoons!

Art

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

From Pat's twitter related to Flesh:

Q: Are you and Clint Langley going to be working on a final chapter for Flesh? It ended on a heck of a cliffhanger...

A: Too busy just now. I'd need to review it and see if it required some rethink for the finale, both in story and art terms. Off hand, I'd say it needed it. I won't just knock it out. It's too important & I think Flesh deserves to go out on a high note, like Leo's Slaine.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Corinthian

All Pat Mills series should now end like the unpublished post-censorship two page wrap up to 'Kids Rule OK':

"Well, Savage/Deadlock/Satanus, this looks like where we part company. Good luck with your social work."

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Corinthian on 27 April, 2021, 07:51:10 AM
All Pat Mills series should now end like the unpublished post-censorship two page wrap up to 'Kids Rule OK':

"Well, Savage/Deadlock/Satanus, this looks like where we part company. Good luck with your social work."

:lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2228 :)

1st - Dredd - Joe vs corruption in SJS by Niemand works for me
2nd - Thistlebone - continues the uneasy reveal of more details
3rd - Feral & Foe - 'in' jokes had me chuckling

broodblik

Link Prime

Extraordinary.

Here's hoping our Styrofoam chomping overlord has something new lined up for Manco.

DrJomster

I've been playing catch up with the prog of late. One per evening starting with the regened one 2-3 months ago. I have to say, my main takeaway is how good it is of late. Minor quibbles aside, the galaxy's greatest is in good hands.

Just to add to that, loving the Dredd recently. And I do agree, side quests are a total waste of time.

Hope Leo Manco comes back to the prog on another thrill. Plus, I think I need to buy Book 1 of Thistlebone now even though I have all the progs. Just gorgeous.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

I am not sure if this is the right spot but I just want to share this wonderful B/W cover for the collected Dragontamer by Leonardo Manco:

JayzusB.Christ

That's feckin lovely. Wasn't too impressed with the story itself but the artwork is amazing
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"