Main Menu

NEXT UP - Bolt-01 Cup - the best of Strontium Dog Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 July, 2021, 06:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Just chuck all the story names into a digital hat and do a totally random draw. Some short stories are better than some epics anyway.
Winners go into another digital hat etc etc...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dog Deever on 17 July, 2021, 03:00:27 PM
Just chuck all the story names into a digital hat and do a totally random draw. Some short stories are better than some epics anyway.
Winners go into another digital hat etc etc...

What after spendign like 87 hours coming up with this nonsense! No way - crazy and over complex it may be but the basic format is set!

It will be very interesting though to see how story format plays out and how my assumptions hold.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 July, 2021, 03:27:24 PM
What after spendign like 87 hours coming up with this nonsense! No way - crazy and over complex it may be but the basic format is set!

It will be very interesting though to see how story format plays out and how my assumptions hold.

Not sure which category it's going to be in, but I'll be voting for City of the Damned ;)

Colin YNWA

Rules

Okay so most of the votes will be a straight regular vote - BUT there will be a few variations and there's going to be GROUP TABLES - get ya wall charts ready!

Tables

In Epic, Long, Short and Relaunch there will be tables (of different sizes) and each story will have a straight vote (you, the voter, just pick your favourite and the one with most votes wins). There will be:

3 points for a win
1 point each for a draw
0 points if you lose

I will keep a running count of votes, as a decider if needed. Teams with the most points comes top. If there's a tie total votes scored will decide.

All in voting

Resurrection, Annuals and Specials,  Starlord - each of these regions all tales are in a single vote. You, the voter, have 5 votes each to distribute how you want in that pool. So you can give all 5 votes to one story, 4 to one and 1 to another. Or one point to five stories. Any combination of whole numbers you like. It's up to you.

Stories are then ranked in order based on the number of votes they get. It's as simple as that.

Can't be arsed to write out more rules BUT will if folks have questions. Basically things always seem to run smoothly and I doubt any bugger reads them!

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

broodblik

I felt this was appropriate to post it here, some Johnny action by Patrick Goddard:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

That's REALLY something. I'm not normally the biggest Goddard guy but that's spot on.

Colin YNWA

Yeah that is just brilliant. Patrick Goddard is such a talent.

Rogue Judge