Main Menu

Portrait of a Mutant vs. Moses Incident - Bolt-01 Cup - Quarter Final 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 October, 2021, 06:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

No messing about anymore, we're straight at it now. No holds barred, no faffing around with tables and groups, or over complex piffle under the guise of qualifying play-offs. No, we're down to the simple purity of a one against one, single match - TO THE DEATH... well I didn't say we'd got rid of melodrama! Two go in, you vote, the one with the most votes gets a place in the semis, simple as that.

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Portrait of a Mutant - more info

Vs

The Moses Incident - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 10th October and the winner gets a place in the semis.

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the finals here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Rogue Judge

AlexF

Ah, the Moses Incident put up a tough fight to get this far but no contest...
Portrait of a Mutant

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Leigh S

OK so I know it should be Portrait, but feel I can make a protest vote here for The Moses Incident

sheridan

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Last day and its quite quiet here, though are we to doubt the result? Last minute votes cn throw up surprises so pop in ya call and I'll tote up in the morning.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Hackenbush

Portrait of a Mutant - I must have read it a dozen times over the years. Timeless.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Now this was much more the performance I was expecting from The Moses Incident. Snatching votes from one of the favourites in a valiant battle and showing the world that for all the magic and such its a vital Strontium Dog thrill that folks love. I mean of course

Portrait of a Mutant

smashed it and stormed into the final but we see Moses go out the way I thought it might after a funny ol' tourney...

And there we have it, our four semi-finalists:

Outlaw
Rage
The Killing
Portrait of a Mutant

You know I might as well have skipped the quarters as it all the group winners going through. As might be expected, though maybe not to this extent, the epics dominate with The Killing being the solo surviver from other regions / story types.

I've done the draw too and Tuesday (I think I've got a funny day tomorrow so might run the semis Tuesday and Wednesday) we'll start to see who will make the finals. I've done the draw and we could get the final I was always expecting still... though I have been rubbish at predicting these things so who knows...

...we all know the winner should be Incident on Mayger Minor anyway!