Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Good to hear it - been working on a similar balance myself.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jade Falcon

Meanwhile I'm getting increasingly irritated by my noisy b*****d of an upstairs neighbour.  Stomping back and forth all f***ing day non stop. I've put in four complaints and my useless housing officer says he has said he doesn't realise he's doing it.  He's got to be goddamn lying and my nerves are getting very bloody frayed
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Jade Falcon

Sorry for the moaning, the saga of my neighbour has been getting ever worse.  All sodding day every day, its like the guy never stops stomping across the floor...

Since my housing officer has decided they're not interested, is there any further recourse in a situation like this...its got to the stage, that no exaggeration, I was fantasising stabbing the git....and that is NOT me, and it's worrying me that I'm thinking like that.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Legendary Shark

Maybe make a recording and take it to the CAB or one of those "first hour free" vampires solicitors or your local parish council or something. Or, the hardest option, can you talk to the guy? Maybe over a cuppa or a pint?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 25 February, 2024, 07:44:12 PMSorry for the moaning, the saga of my neighbour has been getting ever worse.  All sodding day every day, its like the guy never stops stomping across the floor...

Since my housing officer has decided they're not interested, is there any further recourse in a situation like this...its got to the stage, that no exaggeration, I was fantasising stabbing the git....and that is NOT me, and it's worrying me that I'm thinking like that.

I'm really sorry to hear it. I've had more than one neighbour like that and I have to admit I understand the fantasies you're having às I had similar ones
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jade Falcon

I have had four complaints in about him, and the last time apparently he said "He didn't realise he was doing it".  The housing isn't interested and repeated that.  I answered that he must either be stupid or lying then.  When you can hear absolutely every damn footstep stomping across the floor its beyond a joke.

There used to be a young woman with her daughter living in the same apartment.  There were some noises from the daughter but no more than you would expect, plus her mother was constantly apologising even when I said there was no need and sometimes a small amount of noise from music, but again, nothing more than you would expect. 

Hawkmumbler

Urgh! My absolute worse nightmare, my sympathies Jade.
I sometimes get anxious I make too much noise, I live on the top floor of a low rise and only share a wall with one neighbour, and a hallway with another. But its the people below me I worry for, loud footsteps, the weekly washing machine cycle, I even took the time the check with the residents right below me when I got stereo speakers that it wasn't too loud. It's not hard to not be a dick about such things especially when you've already been made aware of noise disruption concerns.

Rara Avis

Hello chaps!

It's been a while I know but my last year of college and that.

Sorry to hear that things have not been going well for some of you.

Life is just an absolute shit show sometimes.

I can second Marcus Aurelias, you can find it here: https://classics.mit.edu/Antoninus/meditations.html

Worth dipping in and out of.

Hope everyones week picks up xx

Jade Falcon

All week, its been the noisy swine from hell.  I've not been sleeping at all well, not regular sleep patterns anyway and I got up early in the morning to go to the bathroom.

What happened, two seconds after the toilet flushes...stomp stomp stomp from upstairs, as if he's doing it quite deliberately.

Then all damned day that I'm actually shouting upstairs.  I got to the point that I phoned the housing office and was going to ask to speak to someone apart from my housing officer about it, but the office was shut...so I guess I've got the weekend to look forward to.

I'm also short on money, so I can't even take a trip out the house and go somewhere to get a change.

JayzusB.Christ

Aw man, I'm so sorry. Been through similar before, it's hell on earth for me.

Jade Falcon

Today...even worse, he's damned well deliberately stamping now, I'm sure of it.....

I'm going to phone my housing office tomorrow, demand to speak with someone else and say.......I don't know, but if something isn't done, I fear I'll do something because I'm getting severe stress, anxiety headaches and even mild chest pains lately.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jade Falcon

I don't know, but I don't see why I should have the stress, expense and inconvenience of moving.

The Legendary Shark

I was trying to imagine something a little more constructive than homicidal thoughts. Swapping obviously wouldn't be the ideal solution but it's a possibility that would at the very least alleviate your current situation. If you can't talk to the guy and come to some other understanding between you then you're going to have to think of something else. Maybe buy him a pair of big, fluffy slippers or a strip of thick carpet for him to pace on - try to get him to recognise your needs by recognising his.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jade Falcon

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 24 March, 2024, 08:47:32 PMI was trying to imagine something a little more constructive than homicidal thoughts. Swapping obviously wouldn't be the ideal solution but it's a possibility that would at the very least alleviate your current situation. If you can't talk to the guy and come to some other understanding between you then you're going to have to think of something else. Maybe buy him a pair of big, fluffy slippers or a strip of thick carpet for him to pace on - try to get him to recognise your needs by recognising his.

Sorry to sound snippy earlier, I realise you're trying to help, but its hard to think rational in this situation.  I've had three complaints put in about him and he's still like this, so its making me think its not even accidental, its malicious and frankly I don't see why I should move or put myself out and the scumbags are the ones that get away.