Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

"I think the point is to make us despair. To see ourselves as... animal and ugly. To make us reject the possibility that God could love us."

An devastating loss of a terrific talent who filled so many films with so many iconic roles.

von Boom

The loss of yet another piece of my childhood. Von Sydow was regular feature in many of my favourite films. We'll not see the like of him again. RIP.

Bolt-01

Ah, that's a tough one.

RIP Max, you brightened many of my favourite films and elevated many more that were beneath you.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 March, 2020, 02:17:45 PM
Ah, that's a tough one.

RIP Max, you brightened many of my favourite films and elevated many more that were beneath you.

Couldn't have said it better.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

sheridan

Malcolm Young, guitarist of AC/DC, 64.

Greg M.

sheridan

rogue69

BBC Radio 2 and 6Music presenter Pete Mitchell aged 61.

sheridan

Genesis P-Orridge, artist, musician, 70, cancer.
Member of bands Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV, arguably co-creator of industrial and EBM music genres.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 15 March, 2020, 03:55:00 AM
Genesis P-Orridge, artist, musician, 70, cancer.
Member of bands Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV, arguably co-creator of industrial and EBM music genres.

Aw, sorry to hear that.  Surely a huge influence on Grant Morrison too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sintec

Not sure I'd credit h/er with co-creating EBM (or acid house as s/he was known to claim back in the day) but a hugely significant figure in industrial music and 80s/90s counter culture. Undoubtably an influence on Morrison I'd have thought - they have a similar anarchic approach to the universe and magick.

Gonna spend my day listening to my old TG records - well as much of the day as the rest of the household will tolerate anyway.

sheridan

abelardsnazz

Ten years to the day since John Hicklenton left us. Still miss the unique style he brought to Nemesis and Dredd.