Main Menu

Judge Dredd TV series

Started by The Sherman Kid, 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 March, 2023, 03:57:02 PMso no updates. RIP this tv show
For the crime of spreading Dredd TV negativity, you are sentenced to this. And may Grud have mercy on your soul.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

I feel left out - I wasn't 'made' to scour the net for news!  Serves me right for being happy waiting for an announcement to appear here, I guess...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: judgeurko on 29 March, 2023, 03:57:02 PMso no updates. RIP this tv show

Do you have a reminder in your calendar to post the exact same thing every few months...? I mean, Rebellion wants this to happen — obviously, they do, but if there's nothing to announce, what are you expecting from them? I'm not sure how many times its been explained to you how slowly these particular wheels can grind.

Rebellion can't magic a willing partner into existence, and Jason Kingsley, in particular, has spoken more than once about turning down various media partnerships because he felt the prospective partner wouldn't do justice to whichever IP was under discussion. TBH, I'd rather have no TV show than a crap one which damages the brand and that appears to be Rebellion's approach... which seems wise.

(And before some pipes up "They should make it themselves!" or "Crowdfund it!"... table stakes for a major streaming series in an FX-heavy genre like SF or fantasy pretty much start at $10M+ per episode these days and run waaaaay higher than that for companies with deep pockets, like Disney or Amazon.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 March, 2023, 03:27:14 PMDo you have a reminder in your calendar to post the exact same thing every few months...?

I'm assuming a Russian Psyops student project - judgeurko is an AI bot that's been left running long after the creator graduated (scraping an ordinary). Currently focused on promoting a DeSantis presidential win in order to undermine western democracy and get US$$ out of Ukraine, they'd be surprised (but still somewhat proud) to hear that their undergraduate project is still carping on (at slightly randomized but still regular intervals) about the lack of a Judge Dredd tv show. They never did perfect the input aspect, so it is only capable of broadcasting.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 March, 2023, 03:27:14 PM

Do you have a reminder in your calendar to post the exact same thing every few months...? I mean, Rebellion wants this to happen — obviously, they do, but if there's nothing to announce, what are you expecting from them? I'm not sure how many times its been explained to you how slowly these particular wheels can grind.
Can anyone think of an example of a movie or TV project actually being aborted? Usually, they either get made or they just remain in limbo forever.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'd rather no Dredd TV show than some hastily slapped together attempt at a cash grab based on name recognition.

Like that Halo TV show. They had Master Chief take off his helmet and have a love interest.

Can you imagine them doing that with Dredd?

Again?
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 30 March, 2023, 09:36:35 PMI'd rather no Dredd TV show than some hastily slapped together attempt at a cash grab based on name recognition.

Like that Halo TV show. They had Master Chief take off his helmet and have a love interest.

Can you imagine them doing that with Dredd?

Again?

"Ah noo yuh'd say dat!"

(Was it Cortana?)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

I still think they should consider something shorter, like Love, Death and Robots. Each season like a Prog, a few episodes of Dredd, a few episodes of Rogue Trooper, a few episodes of Strontium Dog, with maybe a Cradlegrave and a Future Shock or two thrown in.

Judge Dredd ain't the only fruit, take 2000AD itself as inspiration, source, and blueprint. Just the thing for today's limited attention spans...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 March, 2023, 11:08:15 PMI still think they should consider something shorter, like Love, Death and Robots. Each season like a Prog, a few episodes of Dredd, a few episodes of Rogue Trooper, a few episodes of Strontium Dog, with maybe a Cradlegrave and a Future Shock or two thrown in.

Judge Dredd ain't the only fruit, take 2000AD itself as inspiration, source, and blueprint. Just the thing for today's limited attention spans...

That I'd love to see - lots of one off's build interest in other characters and from there you do spin-offs if they are well received.
It doesn't need to be live action (though some of the love death & robots shorts I had to do a double take)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 March, 2023, 11:15:12 PMsome of the love death & robots shorts I had to do a double take

Absolutely. Can you imagine what those people could do with even Luke Kirby, let alone Ro-Busters, Flesh, or Shako? Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it, so it does. (Even Alan Moore might like it, because it's a comic on the telly, and he gets to write D. R. and Quinch his way, but only if he agrees to be paid in Karma.)

I think that's Tharg's oyster, right there.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 March, 2023, 11:08:15 PMI still think they should consider something shorter, like Love, Death and Robots. Each season like a Prog, a few episodes of Dredd, a few episodes of Rogue Trooper, a few episodes of Strontium Dog, with maybe a Cradlegrave and a Future Shock or two thrown in.

Sorry what were you saying?
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Probably something about something being something of a conspiracy. Or something.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dash Decent

I only caught the word 'oranges'.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.