Main Menu

New Poll: Should Slaine's latest series be his last?

Started by 2000AD Online, 18 January, 2005, 06:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

blimey i might have to bother n vote then, just where would i get the chance to wave my tattered dusty feminist flag if not nagging about mill's nagging women.

even a shite celtic barbarian is better than no celtic barbarian. & langleys art rocks big time.

thrillpowerseeker

maybe your next poll should be a 'last ever Bec and Kawl ' poll?..

raspberry reich

isnt bec and krawl big in france.
says it all really:p

paulvonscott

"And the consensus from 61% of the tiny minority of internet fans is yes, this should be the last series."

That's down to 51%

And Bou, as we all know nagging women are a myth, it's only fitting they belong in a fantasy series like Slaine :p

Funt Solo

Well, everyone else is doing it, so I thought I'd find a necro-thread all my own.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

ThryllSeekyr

'Slaine in Pink Flares'?

Must have been one of the runs I had missed!

All the women who are portrayed as evil in the Slaine stories may seem that way because of alot of the characters are evil in varying degrees. It's a almost essential requirement for survival in those times.

This is why, I (like Slaine in the first place. He's not really the cliched comic book hero like Superman.

For those of you that don't like it. Don't read it.

There were only really three instances of what seemed like deliberate and a degree of evil that wasn't called for......

First the gal who was to be the Bride of Crom, and her further appearances throughout the rest of the series as she progressed down the dark path.

The El-Women whom were attacking the injured
light Els.

The highly motivated ladies whom were particuly bloodthirsty defending their groves from Roman soldiers.

But if you pull back the foucs on them abit more then you would see that there are plenty of
 other women in the strip that balance this out.

There were every character's varying degrees of evil and then Evil that was at odds with the main character Slaine.

As for wrapping up Slaine. Personally I think not. As I would like to see Slaine have his run for as long as Judge Dredd or atleast longer enough for a Slaine movie to be considered or even just a appropiate computer game to be made. ( Just like Rogue Trooper.) Personanlly I thought when the Book of Invasions began it's run it would have have been a great time to do this.

scutfink

Can't be bothered to read the whole necrothread (Sorry I started all this but where is the messageboard link? Am I the only one who's bothered about this? Do the rest of you just jump straight here?), but IMO, The Horned God should've been Slaine's last series everything he's been in since has either been utter pish or just treading water...

scutfink

Prog 534 Club Member 0000000010 G

Keef Monkey

It should have ended at the end of Book Of Invasions(I think that was the one) when he's on top of the hill on his horsey. That picture was breathtaking and even though I don't really like Slaine I thought that would have been the perfect ending.

I, Cosh

Sorry I started all this but where is the messageboard link? Am I the only one who's bothered about this?

Don't really know what you're on about.
Wherever I go on the site, the Fan Zone menu on the left is always exploded and "Message Board" is the first option, just like it's always been.
We never really die.

scutfink

The main page, opening paragraph, where Tharg attempts to convince you to subscribe or visit his future shop, used to have a link direct to this board too...

I came on here yesterday and there it was, gone, thus leading me to rediscover the Prog 534 club and unintentionally instigate a programme of prolonged necroposting...

scutfink

Prog 534 Club Member 0000000010 G