Main Menu

very OT, techy BIKE help ?

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 30 October, 2005, 09:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

help help Biker boys,

my poor rain sogged Susie GS 500 1998, needs jump starting to get her off to winter cover. how oh how do i get the seat off ? ive prized, levered & prodded to no avail.

thankyou sexy leather clad biker chums.

test 4 echo

there's a keyhole on one side of the seat, in middle, use the ignition key

Queen Firey-Bou

ha ha, easy when you know how !

brilliant thanks very much, thats my little baby all fired up & thrumming away nicely. hopefully i'll get the test under my belt this winter & i can ride her next spring,

meanwhile its back to kickstart hell honda brazil 125.

cheers,.

robbycox

I'm way too late with this to help but........ nice bike Bou, very nice indeed.
Rob.

Link: http://gstwin.com/" target="_blank">http://gstwin.com/

Queen Firey-Bou

hey great link there Robbie ! nice one, i'll save that. My poor bike is no-where near as shiney, only has half the fairings too, But for ?350 i was happy !

sadly first day i got it i tried to crawl it along the street & dropped it, which threw my confidence Big time, Its very annoying being such a short arse bike wise but tho i find this bike heavy its a good height for me.

wish i had enough free time to ever go more than ten mile runs, its the best best thing ever, especially all these empty twisty highland roads.

Tiplodocus

I was going to suggest WD40.

It works on everything
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dounreay

Bou,

Get yourself the Haynes manual for the GS 500, if its available and have a read over the winter. Failing that, any learned tome on basic bike mechanics.

Ignore all the instructions on how the left handed doohicky actuates the wiggle woggle and stick to the basics about looking after the tyres, chain, battery, electrics and engine to begin with.

I only offer this advice as someone who has made potentially fatal mistakes about simple stuff in the past - screw on oil filters should be finger tight right? Not wound on as tight as possible allowing oil to pish out all over the back tyre. Aye, that would be me...

Queen Firey-Bou

cheers Doun,

well ive got the haynes for my 125, and frankly can't understand a damn word of it. But the fact that ive fallen out with my mechanic might proove a good incentive next time sommat goes wrong.

first job is to learn to ride the bigger yin !  Ive got an oil leak right enough, but it just drips onto the front exhaust so smokes when its hot, doesnt get near tyre.

test 4 echo

I used to have one of these had some great times on it, first bike I bought so fondly remembered. I think I still have the Haynes manual somewhere, going free to a good home (assuming I can find, 99% sure it's in a box in the loft). Drop me a line if you want it.

It was a doddle to service, apart from that cover the exhaust downpipes in black heat proof paint, crank the front suspension as stiff as it will go, keep the chain oiled and you're laughing.

T4E