Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: faplad on 12 October, 2009, 11:05:09 PMAs for dissing Baker, at least I didn't say I liked t'other Baker. Give me that.

So, you're now having a pop at the Doctor's best* audio incarnation. You just can't help yourself, can you.

* According to DWM, c. yeah, whatever.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Dark Jimbo

I actually think it's quite refreshing to hear that someone hates Tom Baker in the role. Completely wrongheaded, of course, but refreshing nontheless.
@jamesfeistdraws

Paul faplad Finch

Well, since once again I'm not gonna persuade anyone to my point of view I shall bow out gracefully. (Yeah right) :)

In conclusion I'd just like to say that :

Pertwee has never been bettered although Davison came close.
Baker was rubbish. Both of them.
Ecclestone pisses on Tennant.
New Who is just as good as old. Not better or worse but as good.

And Barry Letts was a very good producer.

These are my Who opinions. Make of them what you will.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

TordelBack

QuoteThese are my What!?! opinions.

Fixed that for ya, Fappers!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 October, 2009, 10:18:30 PM
Everytime i view this thread its never anyone that i actively want to die so it continues to sadden or is met with complete indifference but i rarely if ever have cause to celebrate an entry in this thread.

i'm scared
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

Frank Vandenbroucke died on Monday but I only just saw the news. The name probably wont mean much to most of you, but in the late 90s Frank was a fantastically talented and exciting young cyclist who was saddled with the burden of being the bright hope of the proud Belgian people! It's easy to sneer about the drug culture involved in professional cycling, but as well as being involved in that, Frank had a lot of other fucked-up shit going on in his life and now he's dead at the age of 34. It's a shame.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 October, 2009, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 October, 2009, 10:18:30 PM
Everytime i view this thread its never anyone that i actively want to die so it continues to sadden or is met with complete indifference but i rarely if ever have cause to celebrate an entry in this thread.

i'm scared

No need to be scared as you are not on my list of Humans that would be better off dead.

I might start a fantasy RIP thread where you can enter fictitious deaths .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 14 October, 2009, 11:10:27 PM
you are not on my list of Humans that would be better off dead

Die, humans!!!!  >:(

;) :D

STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

HoU, it's rare that I get to correct, no no - to gently inform you that you've made an oversigth (phew) but now is one of those times.

It's actually: "Die puny humans!  Bwahahahaha!"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteNo need to be scared as you are not on my list of Humans that would be better off dead.

I'd start the ball rolling with John Byrne, who died by having his eyeballs slowly scraped back to the brain at a rate of two sandpaper swipes per day.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 October, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
QuoteNo need to be scared as you are not on my list of Humans that would be better off dead.

I'd start the ball rolling with John Byrne, who died by having his eyeballs slowly scraped back to the brain at a rate of two sandpaper swipes per day.

I will second that with Tony Blair.Not sure what i would do with him but death is the only way to get rid of that POS.

Tiplodocus

May I politely suggest that the RIP thread isn't the kind of place for this DEATH WISH kind of stuff.

Actually, I can't think of anywhere that might be suitable for it.

Oh hang on, wasn't there a thread called SECOND UP AGAINST THE WALL started several years back that was just the place for this kind of thing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 October, 2009, 05:49:54 PM
May I politely suggest that the RIP thread isn't the kind of place for this DEATH WISH kind of stuff.

Actually, I can't think of anywhere that might be suitable for it.

Oh hang on, wasn't there a thread called SECOND UP AGAINST THE WALL started several years back that was just the place for this kind of thing.

Sorry, chief, you're right of course.  I don't really wish any kind of death on Mr Byrne, but yeah, it's not a thread for cynical jokes.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

The wrestler, manager and actor, Lou Albano.
He was also Mario in The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w2fi_f5OLY