Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

Pete Steele - really? Now's probably NOT the time to remember an interview he gave in the mid-90s in which he revealed his method of doing the washing up, it involved his er 'personal' high pressure hose. Ick. Sad to hear though
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

vzzbux

Wow. Love Type O-Neg's early stuff.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Something Fishy

Guy Kewney, something of a pioneer in IT journalism has sadly died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Kewney

James Stacey

Original Pretty Boy Floyd bassist Vinnie Chas.

ThryllSeekyr

Noisybast

Aw, shite. Was just wondering about Type O the other day.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

HdE

Carl Macek, recently, aged 58.

A real loss to fans of anime in the West. Carl was instrumental in popularising the form outside Japan, having a heavy involvement in the development of the Robotech animated TV series. He was also, I believe, quite involved with Streamline pictures, whose comparatively sophisticated and credible dubs graced many American releases of animated features from Japan, such as Akira and Fist of the North Star.

Carl Macek also wrote for Heavy Metal. 

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 April, 2010, 12:08:57 AM
Alan Sillitoe.

Sorry to hear this.  Saturday Night and Sunday Morning and Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner were favourites of mine when I was a young teenager.  Came for the lurid taglines ('Youth out of control!' or somesuch) , stayed for the powerful soap opera.

maryanddavid

Wont mean  anything to many outside Ireland, DJ Gerry Ryan Died Today at 53. He was always loud, opinionated, and very entertaining. Radio over here will be a lesser place.

David

Dandontdare

Yet another one of the Redgrave family - Lynn Redgrave has died. That's a family that is not having a good couple of years.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteWont mean  anything to many outside Ireland, DJ Gerry Ryan Died Today at 53. He was always loud, opinionated, and very entertaining. Radio over here will be a lesser place.

Yeah, it's hard to believe.  He was a pompous bastard but hugely entertaining and now I realise I'll miss him.  They'll never replace him
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

radiator

Adrian Bamforth

Peter O'Donnell, Creator Of Modesty Blaise.

It was a wonderful strip, once illustrated by out own John Burns.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/05/04/peter-o%E2%80%99donnell-creator-of-modesty-blaise-passes/