Main Menu

Wolfman

Started by johnnystress, 01 August, 2008, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bongo Jack

Is there anything less scary than a werewolf?  Vampires, I suppose.

Trailer looks good, then cheap, then a retread of American Werewolf, then Malcolm McDowell shows up and hope starts slipping away.
Del Toro - blech.
Live forever or die trying

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "Bongo Jack"Is there anything less scary than a werewolf?

Traffic cones?
@jamesfeistdraws

nxylas

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"
Quote from: "Bongo Jack"Is there anything less scary than a werewolf?

Traffic cones?
Bunny rabbits?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Peter Wolf

Bad films.

Never been mad on werewolves in films at least not the Lon Chaney school of werewolves anyway.Always the same Humanised look and all the black hair.And Benico Del Toro is an actor that i just dont get.

The Werewolves were far better in Van Helsing.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Goaty

I prefer Dog Soldiers!!!!!!!

M.I.K.

Quote from: "peterwolf"Never been mad on werewolves in films at least not the Lon Chaney school of werewolves anyway.Always the same Humanised look and all the black hair.

As this is a remake of the film that starred Lon Chaney Junior, I'm glad they've gone for a similar look rather than a standard CGI werewolf. The Wolf Man should look like The Wolf Man and not just another computer generated beasty, which I'd argue look even more similar from one film to the next.

Having said that, I'm not sure if this film is going to work or not, but I'm also glad they've set it in the past. Much more opportunity for that gothic horror kinda' atmosphere, which is what it should have.

Benecio Del Toro does look a bit Lon Chaneyish too.

Slightly off-topic but still on-topic link, (you'll see what I mean).... //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeylbTKmkYs

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: "johnnystress"//http://wolfman-trailer.blogspot.com/

Oh god I was so drunk when they took these photo's.  Damn you society, damn you !
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JamesC

I was going to say warehouses were less scarey than werewolves but then some warehouses are probably pretty scarey at night!

I quite like werewolves in all shapes and forms.

M.I.K.

Somebody should make an anthology horror film with loads of different types of werewolf. Kind of like The Company Of Wolves but a bit less weird.

johnnystress

How can you not like werewolves?! They're like a combination of your best mate when he's roaring drunk and your dog

Company of Wolves is a great movie- i love the weirdness of it

An American Werewolf in London is a classic

Michael Landon in ...ok I'll stop there

I don't have very high hopes for this movie but you never know

Peter Wolf

Company Of Wolves was Fang-Tastic.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

I hope I didn't come across as not liking The Company of Wolves in my previous comment. It's actually one of my favourite films and the weirdness probably has a lot to do with that. I don't think I've ever seen anything that has quite such a genuinely folklorish atmosphere to it, with the possible exception of Jim Henson's Storyteller series.

What I'd like to see though, is something that has the same kind of portmanteau bits, (good word that),  but tries to be more of a straightforward horror film.