Main Menu

Colin Wilson Rogue Trooper Art For Sale!

Started by Royd, 12 December, 2008, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royd

Hey Rogue Trooper Fans,

I've just uploaded scans to 64 (yes, 64!) pages of original Rogue Trooper artwork by Colin Wilson spanning Progs 236-289 of 2000AD!  If interested in checking out the pages, please visit the following website where you will find scans and pricing information – http://tinyurl.com/6paddc  

If interested in purchasing any of the pages (some are marked On Hold), please contact me at mailto:roydster@yahoo.com">roydster@yahoo.com  Most of the artwork is currently in Colin Wilson's possession, however, in the event of a purchase, I will have the artwork either collected or sent to me so that I can package and post it to the buyer.  I ask only your patience as it will obviously take time for the page/s to make their way to me and thence onwards but I will provide updates and no payment needs to be made until the artwork is in my possession and I have packaged it for delivery.  I will put a hold on pages which are intended for purchase.

I would also like to point out that many of the pages are oversize (dimensions are shown with the scans) and, in some cases, the 2000AD production department chose to cut out the original panels and paste them onto thick card.  This doesn't detract from the look as the pages are very clean in appearance.  I mention this so that there are no surprises.

If anyone purchases an entire 4 page story, I will look at a reasonable discount for the "bulk" purchase.  Unfortunately, I don't have scans for Colin's Judge Dredd stories but I do have a listing of available pages.  Hope you enjoy checking out the artwork on display!  Best,

Royd Burgoyne
Perth, Australia

Steven Sterlacchini

Colin Wilson Rocks!

Very tempting. Surprised they haven't been snapped up a long time ago.

Got any of his Star Wars work?

Time to dust off my commission again...

Royd

G'day El-lopo,

I was also surprised by the amount of original artwork that Colin still has available.  I suspect he just didn't have the time or inclination to put in place the arrangements to sell the artwork (ie posting scans, promoting sales at boards/forums, chatting with buyers, packaging, posting etc.).  As a result, the original art pile kept growing! :)

Colin is presently attempting to have some of his Star Wars pages released for sale, however, as per the standard Lucasfilm arrangement, he has to offer the company first refusal to purchase the pages.  He's putting together a list of pages to submit to Lucasfilm and when he receives approval to sell the pages, I'll post here and elsewhere.

Awesome Rogue Trooper commission!  I love the detail in this piece - when was it created?   Warm regards,

Royd

Quote from: "el-lopo"Colin Wilson Rocks!

Very tempting. Surprised they haven't been snapped up a long time ago.

Got any of his Star Wars work?

Time to dust off my commission again...

Steven Sterlacchini

Thanks.
The commission was done around August 2007, that's me in the foreground. I was also amazed how much detail and 'story' Colin managed to squeeze into just one panel. It's a prized possession.

His Rogue Trooper stuff is excellent, all those pages are engraved in my memory. They're a pretty reasonable price as well, I may have to liquidate some assets.

Royd

Haha - how cool an idea is it being drawn with Rogue Trooper - great stuff!  I've never thought of a commission request along those lines although I have made some "appearances" (as a name in the background) in various comics thanks to creator mates like Paul Neary, Stuart Immonen and others :)  Warm regards,

Royd

Quote from: "el-lopo"Thanks.
The commission was done around August 2007, that's me in the foreground. I was also amazed how much detail and 'story' Colin managed to squeeze into just one panel. It's a prized possession.

His Rogue Trooper stuff is excellent, all those pages are engraved in my memory. They're a pretty reasonable price as well, I may have to liquidate some assets.

Steven Sterlacchini

Royd, I hate you! (only joking)

I can probably only afford one page at the moment. I can't make my mind up and they seem to be going fast.

Plus, factor in the 'Point Blank' and 'Battler Britton' and the fact that some 'Star Wars' work might be coming next.

Royd

D'oh, I've only just realised from the patch on the arm in your commission from Colin whom it is I've been chatting with - haha!  A bit slow today :)

And, yes, Colin has been pleasantly surprised at the level of interest shown by people keen to purchase a Rogue Trooper page or two.  Best,

Royd
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

Royd

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and to mention to those who've ordered any of Colin's Rogue Trooper pages that I now have the pages in hand and will be contacting you to sort out payment and posting details :)  A mate of mine picked up the pages from Colin and delivered them to me yesterday which made a fun Christmas Day looking through gorgeous 2000AD artwork from the 1980s!

Thanks to all who've made purchases, I think nearly half the 64 Rogue Trooper pages I listed are presently on hold!  I hope to offer Colin's Judge Dredd pages in the New Year as well as other work including his Young Blueberry art.  Best wishes to all,

Royd
http://www.comicartshop.com/ComicArtSho ... p?GCat=111 (Comicartshop)
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111 (My collection)

Royd

Just a quick note to say that I'm in the middle of shipping out a fair number of Colin Wilson's Rogue Trooper original pages to the UK and one already shipped to the US which can be seen here in this happy fan's collection - http://tinyurl.com/arqna4  Between the sale of the Rogue Trooper pages and Colin's Blueberry pages, I've been very busy :)

While some of the Rogue Trooper pages are marked with "on hold" notices, there are plenty more available at my comicartshop if you're interested in checking them out -  http://tinyurl.com/d7my4l

It's also timely that the latest issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine featured a collection of Colin's Judge Dredd stories from the '90s!  Awesome work and if anyone's interested in pages from those stories, please let me know via - mailto:roydster@yahoo.com">roydster@yahoo.com and I can check my listing to see if they're available.  Great news about the Judge Dredd movie - fingers crossed regarding the treatment!  Best,

Royd