Main Menu

Howdy!

Started by Cactus, 06 February, 2009, 06:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactus

Before I start spewing my ramblings all over the review threads I thought I'd take a moment to say hello. I was a bit late to 2000ad and the Meg, starting at 1872 (or was it 1782?) with a free Rogue Trooper poster and Judge Dredd on The Sugar Beat.  Financial constraints led to an enforced hiatus shortly after the change to the narrower format and some Oriental guy in a red kimono, but I came back a couple of years ago to find that Sinister and Dexter were dead (and the inevitable 'oh no they weren't' a few months later) and a new Rico was on the streets.

Thanks to a loosely enforced interwebs policy at work I've been lurking here for a week or two, catching up on the old threads and now I've taken the plunge. :-)

I'm with Rowdy Yates Block! Who are you with?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Bouwel

Hi and welcome :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

Cactus

I forgot the most important detail - it's chocolate bourbons all the way baby!  :D

Dandontdare

hi and welcome - you have learned well the lesson - that the way to this board's heart is to add a comment about biscuits to every post! :D

Bouwel

Mmm...biscuits.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Paul faplad Finch

Welcome fellow newbie. Who told you about the biscuit trick? Would have come in handy a coupla days ago
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Cactus

Quote from: "faplad"Welcome fellow newbie. Who told you about the biscuit trick? Would have come in handy a coupla days ago
I was reading the biscuit/bar debate at work.  :oops:

Egghunter

satchmo

Welcome, fellow Bourbonite, clearly a man of quality  :D
PS Don't think I welcomed you Egghunter so hello!

Roger Godpleton

Welcome. I'll be sending someone round tomorrow to collect your dues. (3 meat-based sandwiches).
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Cactus

Quote from: "Godpleton"Welcome. I'll be sending someone round tomorrow to collect your dues. (3 meat-based sandwiches).
Ham and cheese, or BLT?

JayzusB.Christ

Welcome to the board, cactus. But remember we've all been on this board for a long time and round here we like things just... the way... they are.

(Perhaps I should consider that Welcoming Skills course that I saw advertised. How about 'Well, hello-o-o-o, sailor'?)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Devons Daddy

hello
wonderful place this.
you may find you spend to much time here.
but its worth it, believe us.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ricky4723

HI dude,  8-)  How are you today.