Main Menu

Hi guys!

Started by Judge Man, 15 June, 2009, 08:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Man

Hi! I'm Judge Man. You can also call me JM.
I have stumble upon this forum when looking for a good comics to read. Honestly, I have no idea of what 2000AD is  :shock:

I do hope I'm still welcome here even though I really don't have any idea on what 2000AD really is. I willing to know more about it. :D

Devons Daddy

welcome JM
FINEST PLACE ON THE WWW

galaxys greatest comic! which is currently going through its second golden age.
this is the perfect place to get information and maybe urge you to pick up a copy of
the greatest anthology collection printed weekly in the know universe.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

James Stacey

Hiya JM .. you have a lot of great comics ahead of you.

Judge Man

Thanks for the very warm welcome.
Where do you think I should get started to understand its story? :?:

James Stacey

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25228
some good suggestions in this thread

Richmond Clements

Good Morning.

There are a few threads about dealing with that very question- have a peek at one of them.

James Stacey

Kev Levell

Hi and welcome,
As stated above, start with a couple of collected volumes...

I'd also recommend that you start getting the prog as soon as you can though, there's nothing like a weekly dose of thrills!

This week's prog (1640) is pretty good as a starting point with only 2 continuing stories in the line up.

2000AD does have 'jumping-on' points for new readers, where all the stories will be the first episode or a one-off. Normally there are two or three of these issues each year but I suspect the next jumping-on point will be a short-time away around prog 1650...  then there's the year end 100 page special too.

I hope you enjoy what you discover!

Bouwel

Hello and welcome :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Pete Wells

Hi JM! Nice to have you here, get yourself stuck into some Judge Dredd's me laddo!

Minkyboy

Wotcha!

Do let us know your initial impressions as you encounter the weekly prog and the awesome cast of older characters in 2000ad collected material. Always interested to see what it looks like from the outside.

I'll tell ya, reading 2000ad sure gets everything onto an even keel; yes Sir, Gets Everything onto an Even Keel alright.
(Run, run while you still can. They got me but it's not too late for you.)
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

vzzbux

Welcome to the Galaxy's finest.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

The great thing about 2000ad is the variety - if you hate a story, there'll be another along in a few pages. People here will happily bombard you with suggestions until we've truly won you over! As for suggestions on the collections - If you like "buddy" movies and you like robots, "The Complete Ro-busters" is worth a look. Strontium Dog Complete Casefiles vol 1-3 is the ultimate western in space (but with mutants and vikings and Hitler) and those other threads will give you some great Judge Dredd tips.

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana