Main Menu

Cover of the Year 2009 Result!

Started by Pete Wells, 31 December, 2009, 01:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

The votes are counted and the winner, by quite a margin I must say is...

1631 - Stained Glass Frank by the genius that is D'isreali.

In second place is:

1664 - Dredd and Rico by King Carlos.

Third place goes to:

1633 - Cradlegrave by Edmund Bagwell.

Fourth goes to:

1634 - Zombo by Henry Flint.

And a tie for fifth place for:

Prog 1641 - Stormfron by Patrick Goddard and 1643 Zombie Babies by Leigh Gallagher.

Congratulations to all winners as the standard was absolutely amazing - just look at some of the drokking covers that didn't make the top five, sheesh! Expect sexy uncovered versions and cover sketches in my blog soon...

Emperor

Good stuff - they are all cracking covers, I think we have been spoiled with the quality this year.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Yep no denying it was quality all round this year covers wise. Thanks for running this Pete.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

locustsofdeath!

Me too, but thankfully I agree with the results. I would have flip-flopped 1 and 2, but I really can't complain. I like 1664 for it's sheer coolness, but I showed off 1631 to my mates after I got my hands on it.

pauljholden

It's interesting how similar those winning covers are.

-pj

LGDROID

Sniff....thanks guys....I'd like to thank everyone that voted, Tharg, my girlfriend, my parents, attractive people around the world, Jesus Christ, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Doctor Who....would've been nice to have been number one, but that's ok....that's ok....

Richmond Clements

You'll always be my number one, Leigh...

pauljholden

He'll always be number two to me... *snigger*

-pj

LGDROID

Thanks Rich, we'll hug it out later.

Sorry PJ, I can STILL only hear that faint squeaking noise from all the way down there...What?...What????!!!!

Colin YNWA

Our number 3 made it into the top 50 comic covers of the year over at Robot 6 (a blog on CBR). Now I know one entry in the top 50 is a miserly return for the year of covers we've had but hey its an American site so I'm pleased to see anything there!

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/01/the-50-best-covers-of-2009/