Main Menu

TOP TRUMPS 2000AD editions

Started by Hoagy, 15 April, 2010, 02:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

I would have a set at the drop of a hat.
I have some Star Wars and LOTR somewhere.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

WoD

There was a set put up on here years ago I'm sure 'UKDane' and 'Watcher' did them IIRC...

Leigh S

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=news&page=games

i always meant to update this with more modern heroes and villains - may get round to it a t some point, if Robin is up for doing any necessary and anyones interested

COMMANDO FORCES

That's the set I mentioned. Now, what ever you do, do not play it, as you will just lose track of time and wonder where the hours have gone!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 15 April, 2010, 09:02:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 April, 2010, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: Krombasher on 15 April, 2010, 04:47:25 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 April, 2010, 03:50:21 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 April, 2010, 03:31:48 PM
Many years ago when Top Trumps first camme out and were something of a craze at shool, my gran bought me a pack. Probably at random, becuase I ended up with possibly the most boring set in existence. While all my friends had tanks or racing cars, I had 'commercial shipping' - tonnage, length etc for oil tankers and cargo ships.

I had 2 or 3 packs of those cards with cars on them and that type of thing but i didnt know what you were supposed to do with them other than read them and look at the pictures.

Actually so did I till I was 16

I am 42 and i still dont know !

:lol:

Simple, really. You read out a stat from the card on the top of your deck - your opponent(s) then read out the same stat on their card. Winner takes all and gets to choose the next stat. Repeat ad nauseum until only one person holds cards.

That explains it.

I thought that they were information cards.

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Mike Gloady

I'd be up for the ones mentioned here....  Very cool and it'd be fun to work them out too.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Steve Green

http://pointlessmuseum.com/museum/horrortoptrumpsindex.php

God this takes me back.

I still want to know why Godzilla is wearing a bow-tie?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Jared Katooie

Hoagy

Yeah! Nice going Gumpty.

I see your quest is the full AyDee universe.

How about collections of the separate character universes? Still have a large set of each I'd expect.

But, saying that those are indeed an impressive start. I'm humbled by how you've made it look so easy and yet so worked-out, attractive. I want that set right now.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Thanks for the comments, I tweaked the typeface for the Dante card think it reads better now.

It would be cool to have several sets much the same as the Collector Cards (some lesser thrill starved comics have ;) )

Devons Daddy

consider them a download!!!!!

bloody excellent.
to note, if i can get the dead brain cells out of the way.
the orginal set printed in the prog, was there a red space ship that if you had it basically won the game as it was unbalanced and trumped everything? or did i make that up in a fever dream?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Nope think your right there was something like that and thanks for the compliment. Still needs work on them though and its my take not ipso dethargo so to speak.

Dandontdare

Those look bloody fantastic - I'm guessing those are just dummy stats though - it wouldn't be a very exciting game if they all had the same stats!