Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Glad to hear of your good news, SBT. It's nice to hear of something good happening in the world in these times. (And as regards your course, the even better news is that you'll have a few fossils on this forum to experiment with - myself included.  :) ) All the best! - Paddy Kafka

Bolt-01

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Thanks guys- this is unexpectedly very important to me, as is my wife's operation. Though from the messages shes sending me from her hospital bed, I reckon theyve given her too much happy juice and she may be kicked out for sexual harassment of NHS staff before the end of the day.
Also, the physio has managed to raise her arm- for the first time in two years. I hate to think what that was like, but if the physio wasnt masked already, he/she may well be in need of a lay down in a well ventilated room.

SBT

Tomwe

can we get jerrymb60 kicked out quickly please mods!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

That course I was talking about? The Origins if Human Behaviour, online with Oxford University? I only went and passed!

A day after finding myself as Letter of the Week in the xmas prog.

I am buying a EuroMillions ticket for tomorrow, absolutely.

SBT

paddykafka

Congratulations and well done to you SBT. I'm well pleased for you.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Ta very much. I hold no illusions about changing my life/ career/ wotnot- but as an exercise in proving to myself I'm not a complete failure, it's done the job. I feel a wee bit more confident in my own abilities than I did this time yesterday- as I had been convinced I'd screwed the whole thing up with my final essay.

SBT

Bolt-01

Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,
Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,
Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,
Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap,Clap!

Nice one!

TordelBack

You're a star, Steev. Build on this, plenty of other complementary online courses out there. My own brain has ossified to the point that helping out with the kids' homework is beyond me, great to see that someone else's is still capable of growth!

ming

This is only a minor thing but it's a nice thing nonetheless.  I read an article in the Grauniad the other day* featuring an artist whose name rang a bell - Victor Burgin.  Sent a message to my brother to ask him to check the name on a picture he got from our Grandad after his death about 20 years ago and it was indeed by Victor Burgin.  My Grandad was a foundry patternmaker in Sheffield, and a keen woodworker, and at some point he made some frames for Victor Burgin (who is also from Sheffield) and was given a painting by way of thanks (I'd post a picture if I had one; from memory it's a pleasant jigsaw puzzle-like abstract in orange, purple and black).  Burgin sounds like a very interesting character and it's one of those nice random things that's made more interesting due to a family connection.

* https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2020/dec/16/what-lurks-between-the-confounding-work-of-victor-burgin-in-pictures

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 17 December, 2020, 06:25:51 PM
That course I was talking about? The Origins if Human Behaviour, online with Oxford University? I only went and passed!

A day after finding myself as Letter of the Week in the xmas prog.

That's brilliant - hearty congratulations; we're all proud of you.  And passing the course - that's good too.

Ming - that's a great story!  I used to know quite a bit about art history, it being very much a part of the art degree I did, but that's a long time ago and I know far more about 2000ad artists these days.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Thankyou everyone- I was unprepared for quite how much the notification I'd passed would affect me. I think of resigned myself to fail at the last hurdle.

Anyway, now to see where this takes me, if anywhere.

SBT

Batman's Superior Cousin

This year has been a little bit bust for me.
1) Got a full-time job working in security
2) I'm now 1000% fully vaccinated against the symptoms of COVID-19 and both the Delta & Lambda variants
3) Bought a new iPhone, with a new, more permanent number
4) Lost my password to the main forums before re-acquiring it again, thanks to storing all my old passwords
5) Started going to the cinema again
6) Started reading again, having read 17 books at work thus far and currently on my 18th
7) Pool season is just starting up again
8) Found out that the Lone Wolf fantasy gamebooks are getting re-releases in paperback starting this Winter and will also include the final book as well
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Collecting my flat keys next week. Technically can't move in still for probably 10 weeks at least due to zoning, things like the lobby and corridors still being half done, health and safety etc but fuck. Something tangible. Finally being on the ladder. What even has been 2021.