Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

maryanddavid

Great news Trout, be great not to be moving again.
Through all the upheaval Trout still managed to find time to help me with my projects, not quiet as evil as he makes out!

radiator

Good stuff.

On a related note there are work-related plans afoot for me and my girlfriend to move to the US from UK within 3-4 months, for at least three years. I'm absolutely shitting it. Hope it all works out as well for us...

Proudhuff

Nice one Trouty, That basement needs a lazeeboy and shelves for comics, a big screen, and a childfence at the stair top...

Four bogs! You hear that Rich, Four!
DDT did a job on me

SuperSurfer

Good one on the house Trout. We are waiting for all the legal stuff to get sorted so if all goes according to plan we should be in our own house soon. Only one shitter so can't match you on the porcelain front. 

Yikes, so the US move is going to happen Radiator? Portland IIRC? If so I know a couple who moved there a couple of years ago and going by what they post online it seems they love the place. 

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 19 August, 2013, 07:00:05 PM
Hope it all works out as well for us...

As do we all.  Man with your talents Radiator, you'll be grand.  All the best when/if it happens nonetheless.

About a tenth of my sports crowd has emigrated this year, or are in the process of emigrating, and when viewed by age that's about a third of the 30 to 40somethings. It's a strange time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 August, 2013, 11:06:43 PM
About a tenth of my sports crowd has emigrated this year, or are in the process of emigrating, and when viewed by age that's about a third of the 30 to 40somethings. It's a strange time.

We'll soon be the only ones left to run this shite-hole.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 August, 2013, 11:20:38 PM
We'll soon be the only ones left to run this shite-hole.

But when everyone else is gone, who will I leech off?  WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PARASITES.

maryanddavid

QuoteWe'll soon be the only ones left to run this shite-hole.

Joe Soap plots the rise of FF.

JOE SOAP

Trout

Cheers, lads.

And I'm thrilled to see your own good news, Supersurfer and Radiator!

Hey David! We still have two house moves to go. This current place needs to be cleared in two weeks for new tenants, so we take another place for just a month before we move into our house properly. Lots to sort out before then, too. Also we have no furniture.

We'll get there.  :)

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 20 August, 2013, 03:37:23 AM
we take another place for just a month before we move into our house properly. Lots to sort out before then, too. Also we have no furniture.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/human-furniture

Link Prime

radiator

Thanks chaps. Got a million things to do before we go, and there's plenty of potential spanners in the works so who knows?

As I reported back in Feb, we both suffered from severe jetlag and mild culture shock during our recce trip and were having serious doubts about the whole thing. Portland is a nice enough place, but wasnt at all what we were expecting and seems so sleepy and small compared to where we currently live in London, almost like a ghost town. Oregon as a whole feels quite sparse and remote - i think the nearest big city is LA which is a 14 hour drive away! The 8 hour time difference also adds greatly to the feeling of being cut off, which I hadn't previously considered.

But as we explored we ended up falling in love with the outdoors, especially the coast and mountains (both of which are just over an hours drive from Portland), which is where we're planning to spend most of our free time. Also planning to finally get a dog when we get settled which im sure will keep us busy. I'm sure were going to be extremely homesick and miss our friends terribly, and the reality of having to leave all of my stuff - electronics, comics etc behind is just starting to sink in, but ultimately its too good an opportunity to pass up.

Link Prime

So that's the reason you won't have any time for GTA V,eh Radiator?
The real thing will be only a 14 hour drive away if you change your mind!

Best of luck with the move.