Main Menu

2000ad/starlord/tornado prog 1 collection?

Started by mogzilla, 19 August, 2010, 12:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

wether as a floppy,or a standalone book or something does anyone else think a reprint of the ones that started it all would be a good idea if the source material was still availbable?

at least the first issue or 2 (or 5) of each collected maybe in a big hardback collection ala "the best of..." books that are out?

definitly 2000ad starlord and tornado with maybe some action thrown in?

JOE SOAP

Just put them in a plastic bag with the Meg.

Emperor

Dan Dare would tend to scupper reprinting whole copies of the early issues.

Also by now the good stuff has largely been reprinted so the stories people haven't seen may be... disappointing.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

Just call him DAN DAREN'T, worked for MARVELMAN.

mogzilla

even if 2000ad was off limits due to dan didnt , how about the starlord/tornado idea, many people myself included didnt actually get either of those titles only hearing the name when they merged.

JOE SOAP

It would be cheaper just to offer them as a a download in the 2000AD shop making it more likely to happen too.

Colin YNWA

I'VE always wanted Starlord or Tornado (particularly Blackhawk)stuff to appear as a Megazine 'trade', it'd get me to buy the Megazine. Apparently Rebellion only have the rights to the stories that actually made it across to appear in 2000ad when the comcis merged so couldn't do a complete reprint issue by issue I don't think?

IndigoPrime

All the responses here are correct. Dan Dare is owned by Dan Dare Corp., who would charge Rebellion to reprint the 2000 AD Dare. For a Meg supplement, that makes it a totally unviable prospect. The same goes for Starlord and Tornado content where the characters didn't move to 2000 AD. (As far as I'm aware, Rebellion owns the rights to all Strontium Dog material, hence the Starlord stuff showing up in the first chunky collection; however, it doesn't own the rights to any strip that never made the jump to 2000 AD.)

mogzilla