Main Menu

2000AD Animated movie ala Heavy Metal

Started by Zombiesatemyyoghurt, 31 July, 2010, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombiesatemyyoghurt

Years ago Heavy Meatl magazine released a movie with a series of short films based on Heavy Metal stories now i propose that 2000AD should do the same. There are some great short stories that can be done and more importantly there are some great characters. Some ideas are Judge Dredd, Savage, Sinister Dexter, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, Strontium Dog, Durham Redd and the list goes on. 2000AD should be able to get a large amount of well known actors to provide the voices and i think it would sell well.

Please tell me if you think i'm speaking rubbish especially if you are from 2000AD (the magazine not the time period) but i for one would love to see a DVD of this some day :D

Your humble fan,

Zombiesatemyyoghurt

IAMTHESYSTEM

I think it's a great idea but with the new Dredd Movie on the cards they'll probably be to busy at Rebellion or DNA to commission anything.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Gorgo

Do it as a Anthology tv Series! (maybe adult swim?)

Jared Katooie

Aren't they already doing this as part of the A.B.C Warriors cartoon?

Or has that idea been shot down?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Gorgo

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 31 July, 2010, 09:52:10 PM
Aren't they already doing this as part of the A.B.C Warriors cartoon?

Or has that idea been shot down?

What the test footage? no news for a while

ThryllSeekyr

A 2000AD anthology.

Be it cartoon or live action.

Maybe after the new [Judge Dredd film.

briantm

Yeah, but it would hopefully be all self contained stories... something like Batman: Gotham Knight or the Animatrix & direct to DVD.

I'd say that would sell - too late now, but especially if it was available off the back of the Dredd film.

weehawk

Speaking of "Heavy Metal" the movie and 2000 AD, wouldn't it be a fun if there was comic book crossover of Judge Dredd and Bernie Wrightson's "Captain Sternn"?!! Let John Wagner do the script, and Bernie Wrightson the art!! I think it could work; the two concepts are "futuristic" and filled with black humor.

...but anyway, yeah, an 2000AD animated project a la "Heavy Metal" and "Animatrix" would be awesome.