Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 September, 2012, 05:44:10 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 27 September, 2012, 02:07:52 PM
Quote from: grthink on 27 September, 2012, 12:45:34 PM
Cosh - Arkham City is definitely worth a go. Whether you pay extra for the Catwoman content is up to you though.
See, I've actually been holding out for a definitive edition with all the DLC included but I might just give in and buy it.
What format you playing on? The game of the year edition has (I think) all the DLC. It certainly has the Catwoman episodes and the Harley Quinn's Revenge pack. It's a great game, if you enjoyed Asylum you'll love it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-City-Game-Edition/dp/B009698ZKS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348764137&sr=8-2
No idea how I've missed that. This is exactly what I've been on the lookout for but only ever seen the PS3 version listed. Cheers.
We never really die.

Satanist

Played an hour of Resi 6 (a week early, get in) and so far it seems a bit off! Wonky controls and invisible walls all over the place. More soon once Ive had some more time with it.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

grthink

I mentioned Sleeping Dogs earlier in this thread -- just want to update everyone that it has its hooks firmly in me. I still get frustrated at some of the fight controls, and I can't seem to hold on to a gun for more than 5mins, but other than that it's great. I doubt it'll win any awards, and certainly not for originality, but it's definitely a lot of fun.

radiator

I got Mark of the Ninja the other day - and it's great.

I find playing most stealth games is like pulling teeth, but this one does it really well; encouraging experimentation and not punishing the player all the time. Modern, clean, clever design combined with pleasingly sticky controls and satisfying mechanics. Rewarding and rarely frustrating.

Good stuff. One of those games you're looking forward to playing through again while you're still playing it - if that makes sense.

Rog69

I've been getting stuck into Black Mesa over the last week or so.

It's a free fan remake of the original Half-Life using the newer source engine. They team behind it have done a bang up job of converting the original game by replacing most of the models and sounds etc and remaking the levels an a bigger scale with tons of detail.

The game follows the plot of the Original up until the Xen levels, (which were pretty poor in the original) but they are working on releasing the rest of the game further down the line.

radiator

I hop Black Mesa ends up on XBLA or PSN at some point - I love the original Half Life.

bluemeanie

Darksiders2

Enjoying it a lot, but then I'm a pc monkey who has never played God of War which I'm getting the feeling this borrows from quite a bit. Very over the top like the game version of an 80s Simon Bisley comic, which works for me. Lots of skulls, carnage and stupidly oversize weapons (ooh matron!)

Dont have to think too hard, just kill everything with some pretty decent climbing mechanics thrown in. Havent played one like this in a while. Fun stuff, tho I can see myself possibly getting bored before I finish it

Professor Bear

A heads-up for Wii users: Poundland are selling We Dare for some reason.  It was never released here or in the US because it's a virtual "truth or dare" thing and they reckoned it might promote sexual promiscuity in kids, so presumably the Poundland games come from some warehouse sell-off on the continent somewhere.  Only a pound so I thought I'd mention it.

Kano Magnus

minecraft. should i be getting into this? i've got the impression it's like computer crack

ThryllSeekyr

Fourteenth level Dwarven Warrior and twentyfifth level Human Captain in Lord of the Rings Online.

It's for free.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Kano Magnus on 01 October, 2012, 11:08:57 PM
minecraft. should i be getting into this? i've got the impression it's like computer crack

Minecraft is dangerous stuff. The vanilla game is just the tip of the ice-berg, there's all kinds of mods and texture packs available. It can be a lot of fun and it can be very frustrating. I would recommend finding a server or playing over a LAN though, this game is really enhanced by multiplayer.

If you find yourself becoming addicted, play on Hardcore mode. If you die you lose everything and the gameworld deletes itself, along with all your progress. Proper GAME OVER, like in the old days.
You may quote me on that.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ok, so I'm working through my purchases from the last Steam Sale.

What do I start:-

Oblivion
Crysis
Dawn of War 40K
Dawn of War II
STALKER Call of Pripyat
The Dues Exes (got them all)
Alan Wake

I've played none of these - well, apart form an hour of Alan Wake before my old Xbox dies

Also got Max Payne 3 and Gears of War 3 on the Xbox

What to play? What to play?
Lock up your spoons!

bluemeanie

Thought I should add an extra to Darksiders 2 in that it's now gone VERY Tomb Raider / new Prince of Persia.

Lots of climb here, pull this lever, swim down, break this seal, climb back up....

Still lots of hitting things and now even shooting things but its not quite as Golden Axe as it was at the start

JamesC

Quote from: bluemeanie on 03 October, 2012, 11:47:48 AM
Thought I should add an extra to Darksiders 2 in that it's now gone VERY Tomb Raider / new Prince of Persia.

Lots of climb here, pull this lever, swim down, break this seal, climb back up....

Still lots of hitting things and now even shooting things but its not quite as Golden Axe as it was at the start

I've heard it's quite Zelda like. I'd be interested in paying it if that's true.

vzzbux

At the moment I am deep into RAGE on the PS3. I may be some time on it as I have already clocked up 16hrs of play time.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.