Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by Mudcrab, 07 November, 2011, 01:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackstarr

The Dawnguard DLC is exclusive to Xbox for a minimum 30 days, so those of us on other systems shouldn't have too long to wait...but from what I hear, adds (among other things) crossbows and a werewolf perk tree.   You get to choose whether to become a monstrous vampire lord or join the Dawnguard vampire-hunters.

Anyone here playing on PC with mods?  I've always used mods with the older Elder Scrolls games, but Skyrim is the first game that's prompted me to create and release my own - despite being one of the better games in the series!  Makes me want to tweak it closer to perfection.

'Call of Cthulu' is only published by Bethesda's publishing division, and is not developed by them - that'll be why it's not up to par.  I generally tend to ignore those published by Bethesda Softworks and just get the games developed by Bethesda Game Studios.

Rich27

Dawnguard  ;)

I cant wait.

mogzilla

the dawnguard have some very cool armour with six variations of the same theme the light helmet sucks but the full face helm is arsom!  i did get bored playing as a vampire lord you cant eat people! only use a leeching spell cop out!

Keef Monkey

Bah, I just hit a bug with my playthrough. Doing the civil war stuff and it's hit a point where the dialogue option to start the next attack isn't there. Looks like it's a common bug with no known fix, just sorts itself randomly eventually. How annoying!

Keef Monkey

Oh, I put on the Stormcloak armor and that sorted it. Perhaps not a bug then, just a poorly explained objective.

Now I've hit another bug though, where the battle music plays perpetually on a loop regardless of what's going on, other scripted music cues don't even supersede it. Unbelievably annoying, and it's left the game very unpleasant to play. Looking online it's apparently one of Bethesda's known issues, but not one they deem a high priority. Bugger.

Dandontdare

I bought this off Steam months ago when it was on offer, began playing but encountered a glitch. gave up during the initial running-around-while-big-flying-monsters-attack-the-castle bit and promptly forgot to go back and try to fix it.

Had another look at the weekend and I still can't get it to work properly. My problem is a bright yellow strobing effect that makes it impossible to see what's going on. It is most noticeable outdoors - if I go indoors, or look at the ground it stops, until a torch or other light source enters my field of vision  and then its mental strobe city again. 

Tips I found on google are just baffling, so i'm looking for some (easy to understand) help!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm loving Skyrim. 17 hours in.
Lock up your spoons!

Van Dom

Me too, its brilliant. No idea how many hours but Ive been at it since January and no other game is getting a look in. Dont get married to Ysolde, shes really boring...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Link Prime

I'm approaching an obscene amount of hours on this now, with a Platinum on all the DLC achieved.
Only the Ebony Warrior (Level 80) quest to go.
I was almost glad when Bethesda announced there won't be any more DLC...this thing has ruined my life!  ;)

Dandontdare

NO helpful suggestions from anybody?  :(

Looks like I wasted my money buying this game then!

Van Dom

Sorry Dandontdare I never had that issue at all. I think you might have got a corrupt copy or something?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Banners

It'll be your graphics card driver I expect. Is it up-to-date?

Dandontdare

Thanks  for the tip- I haven't got a clue if it's up to date to be honest! I'll take a look tonight, but I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at/for.  :-[

Banners

If you right-click on your Windows desktop, you can access and update your graphics properties that way. ATI/AMD users will have a "Catalyst Control Center" option and I guess Nvidia has something similar.

Or, assuming you have a discrete gfx card, just download the relevant driver from the ATI/AMD or Nvidia websites (depending on the brand you have). I think Nvidia can even scan your PC

If you have a laptop or built-in graphics however, you're probably out of luck.

Dandontdare

Cheers for that - no, i'm still on a good old fashioned windows desktop (although it's a not-quite-legit copy of windows, so I'm a bit wary about any "check for update" options as they often seem to tip Windows off to the fact that it's not genuine, when it had been blissfully ignorant before!)