Main Menu

Do you work with anyone (almost) famous?

Started by mygrimmbrother, 13 March, 2012, 09:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Jared Katooie

I once did a course and one of the guys on it was in The Sons of Now.

That's a band.

I, Cosh

Quote from: King Trout on 15 March, 2012, 10:08:05 PM
I work with Deborah Kerr.
This must be the winner as I've never heard of a real Deborah Kerr.

I once had a meeting at work with Matt Bianco and went on a training course with a Mr Cicero.
We never really die.

A.Cow

JayzusB.Christ

Here's a very tenuous one. I did a sales call once (I know, I know, never again) to Anthony Hopkins' house, but it turned out he'd moved years ago. It wasn't the Anthony Hopkins.  I checked.

More importantly, I took an insurance payment by phone from someone called... (drum roll)... Perfecto Mendoza Fortunately he had the necessary Tony Montana accent to pull it off :  'HHHHEY, MAN, DEE' JU SEE MY NAME, HEY?' to quote the man.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

I work in the same building as a man who is the double of Random Lobster minus the claws

DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

I work with a Matt Smith too. unfortunately he is neither a time lord or chief henchman to TMO. Nice chap, but he can get carried away with the haribo's

Richmond Clements

I was at school with Roger Moore, Glenn Miller and Michael Caine.

Dunk!

One of our brilliant, but introverted, programmers is called Robbie Williams.

Around the studio he answers quite happily to a nickname that most folks think is his real name.
"Trust we"

Mardroid

Another somewhat tennuous one is that I used to work in the same company as a guy who was the son of this lady. (At least according to another colleague he was. We were software Engineers for a company called Riversoft.)

You may remember her as June from Carry on Up the Jungle.

Gonk

I worked with a guy once who thought he was Robbie Williams. He dressed like him and even had the same tattoos done. He'd call himself Robbie and go up the nightclubs and try to dance like him. He was a real nut case.
coming at a cinema near you soon

SuperSurfer

Noticed there's a Brandon Block where I work from time to time.

vzzbux

I have installed many Muhammad (Muhammed, Mohammad etc) Ali for their Virgin Media services.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

I've worked with John Lennon and George Harrison.  Unfortunately not at the same time.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 March, 2012, 02:17:52 PM
I work in the same building as a man who is the double of Random Lobster minus the claws

Sneaky camera phone photos, please.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"