Stinkin' Sovs

Started by Mudcrab, 17 August, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19297373

Evil Emperor Vlad eh? Dante would have had them play at the wedding  :D

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Goaty

When I read about it, why I feelings it's familiar to something I read - Judge Dredd Democracy Now

Steve Green

Buttonman

Two years is harsh but I've not a lot of sympathy -  It's clearly poor form to invade a cathedral in masks blaring out crappy music and generally making a tit of yourself and causing alarm and offence to some nuns. How would they like it if some nuns ran on stage during their show and started saying prayers and stuff? Unimpressed would be my guess.

I do enjoy the newsreaders saying 'Pussy' though - reminds me of he wonderful 'Serial Mom' - she's fuckin' nuts you know.

Adrian Bamforth

Clearly the church leaders like to have the monopoly on wearing outlandish costumes, blaring out tuneless songs and causing offence to those of differing beliefs in old buildings.

TordelBack

Quote from: Buttonman on 17 August, 2012, 05:54:32 PM
Two years is harsh but I've not a lot of sympathy -  It's clearly poor form to invade a cathedral in masks blaring out crappy music and generally making a tit of yourself and causing alarm and offence to some nuns.

Poor form certainly, but in what sort of decent world should the sentence for that offence be anything more than a fine paid to a charity of the church's choosing, a few nights in the clink, a suspended sentence or some hefty community service?  Seriously, you can rape someone over here and not get a brace of years, as long as you're from 'a good family'. 

Dandontdare

"poor form" deserves a severe tut-tut, not two years in prison,. This whole trial has been obscene.

Still, at last the draconian overreaction has done more to publicise the issues worldwide than the actual protest would have ever achieved. Expect to see woolly ski masks becoming as ubiquitous as V for Vendetta masks.

nicklarr

That band name totally rocks!

judgefloyd

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 August, 2012, 08:58:02 PM
"poor form" deserves a severe tut-tut, not two years in prison,. This whole trial has been obscene.

Still, at last the draconian overreaction has done more to publicise the issues worldwide than the actual protest would have ever achieved. Expect to see woolly ski masks becoming as ubiquitous as V for Vendetta masks.

Only a knee-jerk contrarian nong would actually endorse the sentences. Certainly there are a lot of other Sovs who have suffered much worse injustices, but that doesn't make this any less draconian. 

COMMANDO FORCES