Main Menu

It's not fair old chap

Started by atp, 07 September, 2012, 02:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atp

Ok I understand that as a newbie I have to earn my right of passage, but I think that it seems a tad hard to be excluded from making a comment or releasing some feelings in the FILM DISCUSSION section, as the Dredd movie is the biggest thing to happen with regards to 2000Ad etc at the moment.
Just for my information and for the benefit of other new members, how long do we wait for increased permissions, or how many posts should we make etc. Thanks in advance for any info that may be forthcoming.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

w3bz

Just upgraded you so I guess that answers your question! ;) Sorry for the "harshness"of it, can't be helped!

QuickQuag

Er, can I ask exactly the same question? I'm happy to post in other threads but I'm not a regular reader of the prog these days and I'm sure I can only talk for so long about what I last watched/read/heard/ate etc...

I'm really not that interesting! Not compared to a 3D action movie anyway  ;)
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Pete Wells

Sorry guys, there was some awful trolling, especially in the film thread, by one twerp in particular. He'd get banned then just sign up under a different name. He was effectively killing the board so drastic measures had to be taken.

Welcome to you both, I can't wait to see what you thought of the film!

QuickQuag

Cheers Mr Wells

It's still a wee way* before the movie gets down to NZ, so hopefully I can be approved by then!

(*4/10/2012 according to my theatre of choice, Peter Jackson's Roxy cinema in Miramar Wellington)

w3bz

Quote from: QuickQuag on 07 September, 2012, 09:44:47 PM
Cheers Mr Wells

It's still a wee way* before the movie gets down to NZ, so hopefully I can be approved by then!

(*4/10/2012 according to my theatre of choice, Peter Jackson's Roxy cinema in Miramar Wellington)

Consider yourself "done" ;)

JPMaybe

Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

Adamskilad

Can an administrator bot give me member status please so I can post on the film board please? Least I think that's the issue - I've got no REPLY function on the majority of the boards, but the thing is I can't even get into my profile now and I definately did have access before cos I have an avatar. Any help would be muchos appreciated.

w3bz

Adamskilad

QuickQuag

Very much appreciated, thanks guys! :)

A.Cow

It's a very wise precaution.  The troll he's referring-to killed the alt.comics.2000ad newsgroup, and we don't want this forum to go the same way.

atp

Quote from: w3bz on 07 September, 2012, 08:02:43 PM
Just upgraded you so I guess that answers your question! ;) Sorry for the "harshness"of it, can't be helped!

Thanks for the upgrade, I feel like a cyber man so I'm off to delete something on the way to the FILM DISCUSSION section to throw in my two pennies worth.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Glenn Broadway

I have no idea how one can kill a forum. However, please, please don't tell me! I am well aware that mentioning his name here is rather like mentioning the name of the Scottish Play in a theatre...

revis84

Any chance I can be upgraded, I know my only previous Dredd experience was the 95 movie and LOTF but I have learned the error of my ways  :D

Plus I really wanna comment in the movie threads!