Main Menu

New member in post in "Welcome to Board" area of message board shock!

Started by DW2012, 02 October, 2012, 09:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DW2012

Hi.  I thought I'd sign up to the 2000ad forum to catch the tail end of whatever membership bump happened after the Dredd movie.  I read 2000 ad from the 790s to somewhere in the early 1000s.  I then randomly started again a couple of years ago.  In about 2 years or so the case files will have caught up with the point at which I stopped reading 2000ad I can finally find out what happened to Dredd when he went to the moon and got beaten up by some east meg 2 judge.  I suspect he survived.

Best thing that I missed I think was the first half of the Dante Saga.

SmallBlueThing

Welcome!

And yes, I'm pretty sure you're right about both Dredd's survival and Dante being the best thing you missed. Dante is so worth tracking down it's unreal.

SBT

DW2012

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 October, 2012, 09:24:51 PM
Welcome!

And yes, I'm pretty sure you're right about both Dredd's survival and Dante being the best thing you missed. Dante is so worth tracking down it's unreal.

SBT

I've managed to get the first couple of Dante graphic novels but there's a gap between the end of the great game and the start of Tsar Wars.

Colin YNWA

Volume 3, Courtship of Jena Makarov remains stubbornly out of print which is a real shame. It creates a real barrier to folk trying to get into the series and what a brilliant series it is. Hopefully in time that will change, either with a reprint, or new editions now Dante has finished.

Its been much discussed here but the series really deserves a big shiny posh hardcover collections... we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breathe.

SmallBlueThing

Yep, that'd be 'The Courtship of Jena Makarov'- currently out of print and there don't seem to be any on eBay at the moment. However, it's one of those that is continually in demand, so I would imagine it's fairly high on the list of titles that Rebellion want to get back into print once the kerfuff around the Dredd movie dies down. Keep an eye on the shop here. The final volume is out next month, so I'd imagine sometime soon after that.

SBT

DW2012

What makes it more annoyong was that when I got Tsar Wars 1 and 2 the Courtshp was on the shelf beside them.  If only I knew at the time what a rarity it was to become...

Still at least it means that I have some unread Dante to enjoy at some point in the future.

Cursed Earth Dweller

Quote from: DW2012 on 02 October, 2012, 09:14:55 PMI can finally find out what happened to Dredd when he went to the moon and got beaten up by some east meg 2 judge.  I suspect he survived.

Is that the story where Dredd [spoiler]gets prosecuted for destroying East Meg 1 in the Apocalypse War[/spoiler]?

DW2012

Quote from: Cursed Earth Dweller on 02 October, 2012, 09:48:03 PM
Quote from: DW2012 on 02 October, 2012, 09:14:55 PMI can finally find out what happened to Dredd when he went to the moon and got beaten up by some east meg 2 judge.  I suspect he survived.

Is that the story where Dredd [spoiler]gets prosecuted for destroying East Meg 1 in the Apocalypse War[/spoiler]?

I think I missed that one as well.  The one I recall as being the last one I read had something about a dealer/collector in crime memorabilia (including Judge Cal's skull) on Luna 1 being murdered and somehow Dredd being suspected of it.

A short sighted decision to donate my back issues means that I am relying on my memory.

Greg M.

Sounds very much like 'Darkside' (John Smith/Paul Marshall) progs 1017-1028. I won't spoil it for you.

Greetings.