Main Menu

I've read 2000AD from Prog 1 - now a haunted refugee from IMDB Dredd boards

Started by Samson_k, 24 September, 2012, 10:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Now then Samson_k, and welcome  :wave:

Quote from: Samson_k on 24 September, 2012, 10:29:22 AM
lost my space spinner by about 4pm that afternoon - a sudden gust of wind having taken it to the 'haunted woods' that were behind the primary school I was at. 
There's be a few tales of woe like this. I look forward to seeing a future episode of Time Team, when they unearth a few.

Kanoobi

Hi Samson. Getting weary of the IMDb board myself now. When I first started posting on there on the day I saw Dredd on it's release, I loved it, and quickly saw that there was a nice bunch of guys to converse with, including yourself. It was great fun for a while, but ever since the US release (no anti Americanism intended) it did get swamped with a lot of immature rantings.
Coming on this forum from there feels like coming out of a crowded and noisy street into a quiet warm pub with a roaring, crackling fire, putting my feet up and sipping ale whilst conversing with like minded gents lol.
I haven't been on here much myself but look forward to more postings and talking with the members on here :)

orinAGN

Quote from: Samson_k on 24 September, 2012, 10:29:22 AM
How are you doing?

I'm doing great.  Glad to see you here too. 
I was on the IMDB forums too, remember?

QuoteI once wrote a script for a Judge Dredd film in four school jotters and sent it to 'John Carpenter, Hollywood, America' - that was in 1980 and he never, ever got back to me.

That's cool that you wrote a script. I'd love to see it.

QuoteHowever now IMDB Dredd board has become a mire of misery and wailing and people LOL'ing a lot and other people wondering why AMERICAN AUDIENCES HATE US SO MUCH that I thought that I'd come here as I believe that a lot of the people I spoke to regularly were on here and there would likely be more fairly level headed people than the wailing banshees that are tearing the flesh from their bones elsewhere.

A reasonable idea.

I thought Dredd was a near perfect adaptation and I'm disappointed that the box office is so far not reflecting the quality

I feel the same way, even though my exposure to the actual comics is severely limited.