Main Menu

Prog 1803 - Splashdown

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 29 September, 2012, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Nah, Dredd was too civil for it to be him.

Mabs

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 October, 2012, 12:09:23 PM
Dredd felt more than 3 pages to me as well ;)

Yeah, thats why 2000AD is so drokkin' awesome! I may be pushing it here, but I honestly feel those 3 pages (or 6, which ever way you look at it) has far more depth, and enjoyment to be derived than the whole of some single issue comics! :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

James Stacey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 October, 2012, 09:28:12 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion it's roffman too. But, the 'fish' thing is confusing me- when did dredd last see him?

SBT

Didn't Roffman [spoiler]help Dredd against Edgar in The Cal Files ?[/spoiler] You know, the [spoiler]files about the guy with the fish?[/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 October, 2012, 09:11:50 AM
Just got around to reading this prog. Does anyone else not think it am amazing coincidence that Hammerstein FELL FROM SPACE and landed right at the feet of a small boy who had a father who happened to be a soldier in the ABCs and that there was a funeral attended by three other ABC robots happening right there at that very moment?
A but rum, if you ask me...

Not in Pat's world
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

BDM is definitely not Roffman or PJ.  Dredd's relationship with both men is too established, they've met/clashed/helped each other far too many times for the kind of conversation they have here.  Also, if the 'dreadful man with the fish' is Cal (and it's the most likely, if not the only, interpretation), then PJ would have been about 3 or 4 and Roffman surely not much older (he's a junior sheet-sniffer in the SJS in 2117) just after Cal's reign in 2100-1.   

It's got to be someone new, or very minor.

Proudhuff

My money's on the camp guy from PR  :D
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Well he could be camp.  It's hard to tell from his ankles.

Kanoobi

Although I'm sure the piscine reference is something to do with Judge Cal, I found this cover on Comic Vine and I'm not familiar with the Dredd story within it. So can you guys verify that it's not something to do with whatever this Dredd story was about?

WhitBloke

Nice bit of digging there, Kanoobi, but I'm going to have to put the Glop on your zigga zagga zing zang.
That's Prog 1191, and the cover relates to a fair little one-off that certainly does involve a man with a fish but it's not yielding the goods on our biscuit dipping friend.
I did check a dozen progs afterwards to cover the "Just after..." angle but a) nothing/nobody struck me as a likely candidate and, b) the incident in 1191 was so minor and incidental an event that it would have been a push even if I did find a candidate.
Mind you, I did get to enjoy the lush Cam Kennedy art on a story called SABs again, so it's not all bad. 

Sorry, Kanoobi, but I do believe that's a dead end. 

I'm still suspicious about it being Cal since Cap'n Skank does have a Sov angle to it, but even there I suppose Skank doesn't qualify as a 'man' which also puts paid to my duneshark alternative.  Damn it!  Who is he?!
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Kanoobi

Lol cheers Whitbloke. Tis most intriguing; a biscuit dunking classical music lover who was around after Cal, probably not a perp and could help Dredd with his chess strategy.
In a few weeks we'll probably all be saying "Ohhhh him!" lol :)

WhitBloke

Weeks?  WEEKS?!  Don't remind me.  :)
Until then, my creds are now going on A Cow's theory, being a canny sod for this sort of thing, that A Cow.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

A.Cow

Quote from: WhitBloke on 08 October, 2012, 05:35:48 PM
Until then, my creds are now going on A Cow's theory, being a canny sod for this sort of thing, that A Cow.

Well, y'know what they say: canny sod is as canny sod does.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: judgefett on 07 October, 2012, 03:01:26 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 07 October, 2012, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: Goosegash on 07 October, 2012, 10:28:11 AM
Just been flicking through Case Files 3 to see if anything catches my eye. The only potential suspect I can find  in the immediate post-Cal era is Albert Sherman, the kid who tried to become King Of The Meg and ended up getting enrolled in the Academy by Dredd. Was that story ever followed up? Cos he would certainly fit the profile...
[spoiler]He died in a recent MEG.[/spoiler]V

Did he die? Im sure The writer posed the question 'did you actually see him die'? Think The Sherman Kid may have been a bit miffed and had brought it up on the board (the writer being Mike Carrol?). I could well be barking up the wrong tree though Im prepared to admit.

The Sherman Kid LIVES!

Erhem, Albert Sherman did indeed return to the world of Dredd in the Megazine , where sadly he did try again to become King of Mega City One (I had such better hopes for him sniffle :'() .Despite suffering a fall he did indeed LIVE (re-read vzzbux, to be fair I thought he had bought it till I read it more closely) .No doubt this was an aberattion ,he must have had a bullet in the brain to continue his insane quest (this will undoutedly be explained away in the near future where Sherman will once again return this time in a deeply satisfying way that will impact highly on the whole Dredd canon for many years to come)  ;)