Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

:'( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  :'(

mogzilla

and they all [spoiler]died[/spoiler] happily ever after

Trout

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 September, 2012, 08:25:26 PM
and they all [spoiler]died[/spoiler] happily ever after

:'( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :'(

Taryn Tailz

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. But wait...I have more to say than that.  :lol:

Now that really was very good indeed. Easily the best episode of this series and a fitting send off for the Ponds. The episode looked absolutly gorgeous and had a perfectly pitched ominous tone throughout.

When Amy and Rory jumped off the roof of the hotel I was feeling very mixed emotions. Very sad on the one hand, but very happy they were getting such a dramatic exit on the other hand. Then when they woke up in the graveyard I was very annoyed, thinking that their exit had just been ruined. But then of course Moffat saved the day by having them ripped away from the Doctor when he was least expecting it. Excellent stuff.

Colin YNWA

What a great ending for two great characters. I didn't get on with the story so much, I'm no fan of River Song and the Angels have become so contrived in the way they work as to really annoy me, rather than scare me they way they should. That said the over all story and way it deal with Amy and Rory was superb, wonderful...

...oh and Mike McShane hey... and Winter Quay was that meant to be the opposite of Summer Bay or am I just looking for meaning in the wrong things these days????

My wife bloody loved it mind.

Taryn Tailz

Oh...and what a great performance from Matt Smith throughout. Particularly his reaction to seeing Amy's name appear on the gravestone.

Van Dom

Ive pretty much been of the opinion that this series has been cack so far. But that was very good episode, really got me at the end. Great way to finish off the story of the Ponds. Could have done without River to be honest but she had to be there. Just hope we dont see her again for a loooong time.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Zarjazzer

And the Ponds had taken slo-mo during their [spoiler]almost [/spoiler]death dive.Too convoluted for me flash, and clever storytelling but the heart was there , just enough not too make it over sickly. That said it was sad to see them go but the still slightly creepy Angels are becoming like Daleks with over use. Wouldn't frighten a puddy-cat.

Still Christmas special was that [spoiler]Richard E Grant?[/spoiler]
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dandontdare

Quote from: M.I.K. on 29 September, 2012, 08:42:38 PM
Music was annoyingly overblown.

and that's taken you 7 years to notice?  ;)

I really liked this one. Emotional without being too OTT and shouty about it; I too wondered if the angels could be scary again so soon, [spoiler]but those babies - oh yeah, I'll be sleeping with the lights on tonight BRRRR![/spoiler] plot-wise, a very clever twist -[spoiler] I think I actually released a pent up 'ah' when Amy's name (+3 yrs) appeared on the gravestone.[/spoiler]

A great 'end of an era' episode. I expect SBT hated it (unless this is one of those freaky once every millennium occurrences where our  mutual love of Who coincides on the same episode!  :lol:)

Charlie boy

Really, really enjoyed that.
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 29 September, 2012, 08:54:35 PM
Ha, no need for the spoiler alert, mate- it's been revealed he's in the Christmas special! Roll on Christmas (that was Clara/Oswin, right?) and then the anniversary year so we can find out if the rumours are true about [spoiler]Omega[/spoiler] being the big villain behind The Silence et al.

SmallBlueThing

I think you lot need your eyes tested and a good slap! That was blinkin' terrible- a flabby mess that made little sense, seemingly made up as it went along and topped off with the least-affecting leaving scene since Dodo Chaplet drifted away halfway through The War Machines.

Matt Smith was the best of a bad lot, but the story and script were thin and dull. Always good to see River, as she enlivens an increasingly dismal tv programme. And what the hell was that trailer for xmas supposed to be? Ha! Each week now i feel as if the bbc are showing us cut-down versions of dr who- mediocre 'highlights' shows missing any meat or subtlety or anything except people shouting jokes at each other. It's like Russell Howard's Good News with a plot.

And to make it just that bit worse this week- kids heroes have to kill themselves to beat the badguys in children's programme. Fuck you moffat.

SBT

Daveycandlish

Well.

That was a bit of a downer (which I admit I was expecting).

I'm going to miss the Ponds.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dandontdare

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Charlie boy on 29 September, 2012, 08:59:56 PM
Really, really enjoyed that.
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 29 September, 2012, 08:54:35 PM
Ha, no need for the spoiler alert, mate- it's been revealed he's in the Christmas special! Roll on Christmas (that was Clara/Oswin, right?) and then the anniversary year so we can find out if the rumours are true about [spoiler]Omega[/spoiler] being the big villain behind The Silence et al.

I'm behind the times as ever.  :) Still the tiny bit we saw looked good.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.