Main Menu

Prog 1804: Get The Point?

Started by Jim_Campbell, 06 October, 2012, 10:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Quote from: Mabs on 14 October, 2012, 10:19:10 AM

This is all I could locate Kev,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1905437447/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1350206176&sr=8-1

No copies from main site, but you can check out used copies or new ones (which I quite pricey mind).

Nice one Mabs!

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

TheMightyOne

I thought I might not like the simping detective, It was actually the best story of the prog!

Mabs

Quote from: TheMightyOne on 14 October, 2012, 12:03:10 PM
I thought I might not like the simping detective, It was actually the best story of the prog!

I concur! After reading it again I must say I really enjoyed it! I wasn't too familiar with Jack Point and I thought this was a good introduction. The reason why I didn't understand it properly on first reading is because I missed a key erm, point - that being that he (Point) is an undercover Judge! And re-reading it it made sense. I wish I could edit my review, because like you, I now think its one of the best stories in Prog!

PS. No probelm NapalmKev! I think you'll find some 'reasonable' offers for new copies in that link. Of course, try and see if you can get it cheaper on other sites like The Book Depository first! : )
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Spikes

Another top notch prog this week.
Lovely to see the Cliff Robinson/Dylan Teague cover (shows that Pete Wells hasnt totally monopolized all of Cliff's time!).
Dredd is just perfect this week, love Mark Harrison's art - and the story ends on a nice cliff-hanger.
Grey Area continues on fine form, with the promise of plenty of action to come. Brass Sun, again, is just brilliant. ABC Warriors is great fun too. The line about the moon of Saturn was the only excuse i needed to dig out those old progs for a re-read.
Never having read The Simping Detective before, this is all new to me, but still a good read, and nice art.

The good thing about getting to the prog a bit late, is that the next one is only over three days away now, so roll on Wednesday (again!)