Main Menu

Stuff you really should love, but just don't...

Started by mygrimmbrother, 19 October, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygrimmbrother

Inspired by a recent thread on Facebook. I'll kick things off:

1. District 9
2. Breaking Bad
3. Doctor Who

I don't hate these things, far from it. But I really should love them, and for various reasons, I just don't. Anyone else care to share?

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

radiator

Scott Pilgrim - film and comic.

The Walking Dead - comic, never seen the TV show.

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

radiator

Firefly. I liked it, but never found any pressing need to watch any more after halfway through episode 3.

radiator

Wine. I just don't like the taste of it. I can occasionally just about enjoy a small glass of it, but no more than that.

johnnystress

The Beach Boys
Prince
Dinner Parties
'Worthy' comics

radiator

Moon, as in the Duncan Jones film.

Finally got round to watching it recently and gave up after 40mins, just found it mind-numbingly boring, and a bit silly.

mygrimmbrother

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mygrimmbrother

I know, I know (*holds hands up apologetically*), it's a terrible thing to say and believe me, I get no satisfaction out of it. I really wanted to love Firefly, just left me totally cold. But you know, I don't think there's anything wrong with this - just proves we're a more discerning bunch than we might otherwise think. Sorry , someone just interrupted me as I wrote that last bit and now I can't tell if it makes sense. God I'm glad it's friday.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 19 October, 2012, 04:23:32 PM
it's a terrible thing to say and believe me, I get no satisfaction out of it.

There should probably have been a smiley at the end of my last post!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

There really is so much. Too much, in fact, for me to list. For the purposes of sanity and keeping it to a minimum, i'll just list the things others go mental over but i cant summon the energy to be enthused about. Things about which i really dont give a toss.

Batman comics, batman films, Alien, Aliens, Muse, that ginger singer Ed Wheelan is it? Red Dwarf, american scifi shows, american dramas like The Wire or The Sopranos or wotnot, Downton Abbey, Dredd 3D, sports cars, Beyonce, football, fucking rugby- no, actually that goes in the 'most hated' thread- Team GB, Ikea, NuWho, any Star Trek post-original series, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Eminem, Manga, Anime, Eastenders, Blake's 7... most things, actually. Heh.

SBT

mygrimmbrother

Trout

I'm planning to watch Firefly for the first time tonight. Someone at work loaned me the DVDs. Everybody says it's the sort of thing I'd like, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

My contribution to this thread would be unoriginal, I'm afraid: football. Just don't get it at all.