Main Menu

Elite could be returning to a PC near you.

Started by Albion, 06 November, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I'm loving the new updates! As well as the game being a lot more stable, the galaxy nap is excellent, they've shortened travel time around a system, and the new space station is right out of 2001: A Space Odyssey!!

On top if this, I've finally figured out how to earn creds in combat - go to a high conflict area, choose a faction, and kick the shit out of the opposition. In two hours I'd earned the same creds as two weeks worth of trading!!!

ThryllSeekyr

My second Elite-Dangerous - Premium-Beta[/b] video.....if your really observant, then you'll notice that it's from just before it's update to .2.

in case your wondering, I've been trying to download the third part (Which is really the second part...) of this video on and off or the last the weeks. After some false starts and occasions where needed to restart my computer. I think it's been left on now, since the middle of last week.

I really need to learn more about using streaming-videos.

I hear it's faster.

Nothing much more to say here, except that Shadowplay stopped recording at about 10.14 minutes into it. Fortunately , I had docked and landed and was safely ensconced within my designated hanger while trading as this happened.

ThryllSeekyr

The next Elite-Dangerous video from Frontier-Development (The ship you see flying from planet to ship right in the beginning is called a Eagle-Mark-Two (I really want one of those... they remind me of the Vipers (Funny that they share the same name with the Police-Ship from Elite) from Classic-Battlestar-Galactica and they are supposed to be very fast and the next one I made. About more than half way through this video, you will notice I'm close to the purple coloured star of Maher.....

I've been told it's a Brown-Dwarf, but I still think it's made from candy.

I know I mentioned this earlier, but I didn't get much of response before....

My proposal for a Elite-Dangerous Guild or Clan known as the Knights-of-the-Red-Branch.....

No lasers.... they just use Kinectic weaponry load-outs on their ships (That are most likely built from salvaged parts of other vessels...If this is allowed.)

They are painted in red and blue woading and tartens.

They have really thick hulls (That are good for ramming other ships...) with no powered-up shielding. The equivalent of going Sky-Clad (I didn't now it was originally a Indian custom!) in space.

They keep a ordinance of Gae-Bulg-Missiles that lodge inside other ships on impact and rip them apart as they reverse thrust remove themselves after releasing spikes that fold out from their outer-shells. I don't the technology, but it somehow works and these missiles can only be launched by the pilot using his foot. For this pays homage to the ancient Red-B
ranch-Knight
feat of Spear-footing.

Last but not least......

Their ships do not use Hyperdrive/Supercruise - Frame-Shifting they simply just Warp-Spasm (Outer-System-Jumping) Salmon-Leap (Inner-System-Jumping). Yet, they don't just travelled forward, but up and over for many parsecs.

Seriously, I haven't asked for or suggested any of this and I doubt that Frontier-Developments would even considering altering the Elite-Dangerous universe to accomadate my ideas.

Yet, if you do like my idea of Red-Branch-Clan in this game.

Please let me know and I'm not even suggest that would be the one in charge of this.

It's just a suggestion...... :D

Keef Monkey

There's been some mention that this might come to the next gen consoles at some point too which would be nice.

ThryllSeekyr

Here are some more videos I made on Friday...(The day before yesterday!)

The first is just me approaching Azeban-City city in my Sidewinder from the right. Using the right-hand thrusters. Those things have made docking a hell of a lot easier. Probably too easily.....

Unfortunitely, this video was cut short by the randomness of Shadowplay and we all miss out on me severly scraping the wings of mySide-Winder as I try to fly it inside vertical to the horizontal entrance. After watching the ship in front of me doing the same thing, but successfully. I think I was too low or too high and never compensated. I then noticed a spectacular display of some ship (Perhaps the same one!) being laser shot from all angles inside the station ...just as I flew inside. I didn't realise..I wasn't recording until after I had touch down on my designated landing-pad. I was so pissed, I decide to relaunch...exiting the station once again and flew right into incoming Cobra- Mark-Three. Which by some co-incidence, looked as though it was charging towards me as well. Fortunitely for me it must have been weakened or just very unlucky as I flew right through it  like hot knife through butter. Shredding it to twisted bits of scrap metal and cargo canisters. Yet, I was still pissed that Shadowplay wouldn't respond when trying to reactivate the recording. Anyway,. I was awarded a bounty of 300 Credits for taking out this Cobra-Mark-Three Well, I assume it was a C.M.3, because that's how it looked from the front right before I tore through it.  I think I was also awarded further demerits on my criminal record for doing this in No-Kill-Zone.

The Second-Video....which I'm very proud of and this shows something different for a change. At least I hope it is. Just watch it and see.....

All I will ask is if anybody has tried this yet and that hub-pit surrounding the entrance needs more work. I hope they do complete this as I would like to fly my Side-Winder or any ship that can be safely travel in that area...possibly landing there. It looks like a worthy nook to explore.

Also, the holograms appear to be upside down...providing that the Red-Light (Port) is supposed to be on the left and the Green-Light (Starboard) is on the right. Otherwise I don't think this would really matter with station that has landing-pads/control-towers and other buildings and fixtures completely covering the interior wall. There is no real up and down if you in the centre of it all.

Take note of my Wanted status when I head-look right to check it. Yes, and these are very easily earned. Anything from flying inside the station without requesting permission to flying inside as they change their mind about it. Trying to land anywhere inside, but where you are directed to land. This has happened to me a lot. There also the more obvious methods attaining criminal status.

ThryllSeekyr

Now Good-Game have officially reviewed both this game and Star-Citzen.

Forth-One-Down-Here!!!!

Unfortunately, despite their initial impression, they were not too impressed with the space combat portion of ED so far.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh.....BTW.....

Has anybody this tried this yet?

It's not my own video, but wish it was.

I have been trying to do this without much success.

ThryllSeekyr

I've just downloaded the latest phase of the Beta last night....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Beta-Trailer featuring the Brand-New-Custom-Paint-Jobs you can choose for your ship. By the looks, these new options are just restricted to Sidewinders, Cobra's, Vipers. They're all Military, (Jungle, Polar, Urban) and American-Desert (Colorado, Mojave, Sonoran.) themes.... mostly!

Which is surprising considering it's British made game.

What about traditional Celtic colours/designs with spiralling woad's and something like Tartan's and the Union-Jack

I would much prefer to choose my own colour, design and my own heraldric device.

I think the Viper-Police-Craft....

And some transporter ship are the new rides that have been added.

Otherwise, they have also added Solo-Play as well as the regular Multiplayer, Full-Communication with other players and A.I. ships, Finite-Consumption of Fuel (Most probably, only used up when the ship System-Jumps!), Docking-Computer can now be purchased at selected stations. More diverse interiors for the space-stations, (Just check out the new Orbis (In the Aulis system!) Interior with it's trees line boulevards and gardens!)....

Maybe other suns. They now show solar-flares......

Planets, space-stations, load-outs and better graphics. I've seen how things now look more polished in Another-Players-Video!

And it seems much faster... Like the ship's speed and how fast it responds to my various prompts.

Yet, I didn't get even as far as getting inside the station after making a request to dock as Shadowplay stopped rolling after I started it recording as the game was loading earlier.

I just noticed that the green recording indicator wasn't showing. How irritating and I pressed for it to record again and then it just gave me this grey box with a red slash through it.

This might mean I run ot of space again...even after the reappearance of my originally 2 terabyte hard-drive which is now only 50-60 giga-bytes.

I might have used up all that room already.

Not to worry, I'll just remove some other games.

Until I can record it again, I refuse to play anymore and can't wait to get back into it.

ThryllSeekyr

Please Help Me

I have just switched computers after my good one has been sent to the shop again to get fixed. I'm referring to the problem I'm having with the hard-drive that went missing.

And all fucking afternoon, I have been on this small laptop trying to log on to the Frontier - Forum trying to log on to my account there to use their forum and on to download load an install the ED Launcher so I can continue to play the freking game while my other computer is getting fixed.

I can't fucking do this because they are not accepting my password or any other of the passwords I have tried to change it to.

So, if anybody over here...has a account over on that forum that would like to help me.

Please do by contacting them and letting them know that the Commander Mick is having a tough time logging into his account . So that he can use their forum and  play their bloody game.

The e-mail  connected to that account is  pthmichael@yahoo.com.au

Same as it is over here.

Banners

ThryllSeekyr

I use Internet Explorer.....I always have and never had problems like I'm having now.

What are you suggesting I change my browser to?

Keef Monkey

A games console might be a good option at this point.

Banners

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 04 August, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

If you repeatedly change your password and still can't log in it might be a problem with cookies. Trying to log in with a different browser - eg. Firefox, Chrome or Opera - would therefore be my first step.

I, Cosh

Wasn't that the forum you got banned from?
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Banners on 04 August, 2014, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 04 August, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

If you repeatedly change your password and still can't log in it might be a problem with cookies. Trying to log in with a different browser - eg. Firefox, Chrome or Opera - would therefore be my first step.

Are you really sure about that.....it's not really something I'm prepared to do.