Main Menu

Elite could be returning to a PC near you.

Started by Albion, 06 November, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

His game is dramatically different from the Beta! So much conent and polish. Great music, lots of missions, improved system to system travel, and a lot easier to earn some creds! I'd managed to save enough for an ECM after shuttling one load of cargo and making a pirate drop his cargo after a brief skirmish. Plus you get creds if you find something not already noted on the galaxy map.  Great fun!!!

Leigh S

Tempted by this... how do crews work?  do you have to hire NPCs?  Any shots of the bulletin boards?

Rog69

Quote from: Leigh S on 21 December, 2014, 09:01:44 PM
Tempted by this... how do crews work?  do you have to hire NPCs?  Any shots of the bulletin boards?

There are no crews, each player is a lone wolf trader / bounty hunter / explorer. Currently grouping with other players isn't particularly easy in open play but they are working on improving that. You can play in a private group so that you and the other players in the group have a private universe (along with NPC's) and you can switch freely between open, private and solo play.

You can't hire NPC's, they are just there to flesh out the universe.

Goaty

Never play that game (how you get it??) But this was out today, hehe...

shaolin_monkey

hahaha!  Nice one Goaty!

I've been having a blast with this game.  I've trekked across a big part of one tiny spiral arm of the Milky Way, and actually made it to Sol!  I orbited Earth for a bit, took some pics, then a quick sightseeing trip around the Moon. 

Then I noticed a signal from 'deep space'.  It took a 45 minute flight to get there, and found Voyager 1!!!!!

Aside from that, I have my Cobra Mk II now, and am wasting as many pirates as possible to upgrade all the equipment on it.

Incredibly good game, if you're into space combat/trading/exploring type games. 

shaolin_monkey

I finally bought a ship was a decent frameshift drive, so have hopped across one tiny spiral of the Milky Way on a pilgrimage to Sol.

here are some pictures:

Earth

Moon

Galileo Coriolis Station - internal

Voyager !!!

It took me 45 mins to fly out to it, and when you target Voyager you can hear its transmissions in various languages!!

This game is just EPIC.

ThryllSeekyr

I haven't got there yet, (Earth and the rest of the Sol system!) but I do have moderately upgrade Cobra-Mark-Three painted in Bounty Hunter colours.

I haven't had a proper game of this since Boxing-Day morning right before my computer that had just come back from being fixed started playing up again.

We later found out it had something to do with the extra buttons on the left hand side of Naga-Hex-Mouse interfering with the keyboard bindings causing it random type stuff and close down and open up web pages.

We tried using another keyboard and mouse, but neglected to disconnect the other mouse and the same thing happened.

Though, we didn't know at the time.

So, we decided to reinstall/restore the operating system and refused to complete this function after already starting and we had to send the computer in to be fixed again.

Thankfully this was free of charge, I think.....

I now works after we got it back earlier this week.

I have spent all day yesterday applying voice commands to my own personal key-binds within the game.

If you remember Voice Attack (I had to purchase this twice, because I couldn't recover the Rego-Key from my first purchase! Luckily it's dirt cheap at $8,00!) and the Voice-Pack made for Elite Dangerous/Star Citzen.

I finally figured out how to sort of get it working after doing what I said above and here is a video.....

Applying-More-Thrust

Still my efforts need more perfecting, give it and me more time and take my word for it.

It's working...trust me ...I'm not cheating!

ThryllSeekyr

I haven't played this in a couple of days, but I have even even busier making more room on my hard drives after uploading some more videos.....

here's another of them.....

Cutting through the rings of Reorte 3

ThryllSeekyr

As of the last newsletter I received from Frontier Developments.....

Winner of Race to Elite - Three Categorys - Exploration - Trade - Combat

Shame, I didn't any close to earning any of those awards. I was more preoccupied with videoing all my games and never allowed myself to paly while I was trying to make more hard drive space for me to achieve any of these in the alloted time  :'(

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

I have just spent the last 8 and a half hours playing this after the new Power-Play update.

Not that I fully understand the upgrades, but the textures now look less pixelated (If they were int eh first place.) and the this mot noticeable on the title screen. The bump-mapping on planets or what ever pass's for that these days look better as well. The suns look brighter...etc.

There are now personal identities that can be backed , people in positions power and the last one called Dlaine who has a suspicious resemblance to the warped one. I haven't backed any of them yet. Not until I learn more about them.

I have also brought a Adder and have mostly upgraded it spending a few thousand credits shy of the remainder from the 245,000 credits I spent on those as well as it's purchase. Pity, I didn't bother getting any of the paint-jobs for it. I thought I had, but only have the decals, for my rankings,  and the one's that prove my Founder-Ship. Strangely, there is also a mirrored version, so that it may be read in a mirror.

On the subject of Ranking, they are now shown in percentages to give you idea how far you got to go on each one before you attain another level.

I'm currently.....

Novice

Mostly Penniless

Mostly Aimless

Of course, I thought I might have at least attained the rank of the combat Dangerous by now, yet I was always carelessly getting my own ship destroyed and losing many valuable bounties in the process. Today,. I still made the same mistakes, but showed more determination and I think that $245, 000 credits was the most I ever made in one sitting.  I only stopped now, because I ran out of hard-drive space.

For the Adder, I brought a Fixed-Beam-Laser to compliment the two fixed Pulse-Lasers it was sold to me with. I have upgraded most of everything very modestly except for Power-Distribution and swapped the Discovery-Scanner for a Fuel-Scoop. I also, brought a Warrant-Scanner with a Frame-Shift-Indictor and complimented those with a Wake-Scanner replacing Two-CC cargo space to fit that one in.  I also brought one of the new Limpet-Drones that automatically retrieve jettisoned/stolen cargo cannisters in the event I get attacked while trying to pick them up the old-fashioned way. They are real fast, and I almost got this on video while using the External-Debugging-Camera to watched it from outside the ship.  Just before I stopped playing, I exchanged the original Fixed-Pulse-Lasers for two Tracking-Burst-Lasers.

I still have the more upgraded Cobra-Mark-Three parked at he station where I brought the Adder while I get used to flying the new ship. Which I expected to be much faster and more slippery than the former, but it's merely got a better turning factor. I reckon, it would be one of the fastest after buying the best and most suitable upgrades for it.

I also have a less upgraded Hauler parked at the same place I brought it. I brought a Tracking-Multi-Cannon for that one and not much else and was destroyed not far from exiting the station as I am still consider hostile nearly everywhere in this game.

Can't wait until I can afford any of the bigger ships, but will only concentrate on upgrading what I have already in the meantime.

Keef Monkey

Confirmed for this year on XB1 as well so will definitely be jumping on this! I do game on PC, but was holding out for a console version.

CheechFU

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 09 June, 2015, 10:50:13 AM
holding out for a console version.
This makes no sense, you can't roleplay an unemployed Picard with a gamepad

Keef Monkey

I probably wouldn't be able to figure out the levers!

This has gone early access on Xbox One now - https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Elite-Dangerous-Game-Preview/5d1a6afe-0a59-4121-b23d-aefa0915c90c

Early access isn't something I've ever been fussed about and have no interest at all in playing a game before it's finished (do enough of that as it is!) but the fact they're selling it at a discounted rate for people who buy it early access means it'd be silly not to really. Reckon I'll make the purchase and then sit on it until full release!