Main Menu

Prog 1811 Moonshot!

Started by oshii, 24 November, 2012, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

That image of Frank, Smiley, and Dredd sitting around drinking tea in Low Life is my fave panel of the year. I audibaly laughed for several minuets.

W. R. Logan

Dredd: Really enjoying both story & art.

Brass Sun: for me this is a sit down and read in one go story so still got this to look forward to.

SIMP & Low Life: Gave them a go, didn't enjoy either. Art is great on both but the story isn't getting my Thrill Receptors buzzing.
Just glad that you don't need to read either to still enjoy Dredd:
This seems to be getting everyone rather excited so I guess I'm just the lone grumpy voice in the wilderness.

ABC: Please will someone have the balls to stop this and all other Mills retelling of previous stories.
I can't be the only one who thinks just write something new and stop preaching to me.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 November, 2012, 09:12:18 AM

Go, street team ASDA!

Looks like a Zarjaz cover all spread out like that.
LIKE.

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 30 November, 2012, 09:20:54 AM
I guess I'm just the lone grumpy voice in the wilderness.

Admit it: you wouldn't have it any other way...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goaty

I wonder what when Smiley said to Dirty Frank, "One more little thing"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 30 November, 2012, 10:14:09 AM
I wonder what when Smiley said to Dirty Frank, "One more little thing"
The words 'Any Means Necesarry' did pop into my mind.

Dodsy

It's times like this I wish I had a subscription. Can't wait until Wednesday to see how this all comes together.

On a slightly nerdy note: The Binary code during Brass Sun, does anyone thing that could possilbe be translated? Stranger things have happened. If could contain clues as to where the series is going next. Of coures it could just be a load of random 1's and 0's but the geek in me loves little easter eggs like that.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Steve Green

If it's any consolation, my sub hasn't turned up until Tuesday for the last few weeks...

Trout

SAUDADE:

I have a colleague who translates to and from Portugese as a sideline. I asked him about this word, and he explained it amounts to a feeling of nostalgia, but idealistically, almost like a belief in the good old days when they weren't necessarily that good. It was linked to a musical movement and, apparently, a political trend where people became disaffected with a dictatorship.

I've no idea if any of that's relevant but some of it struck a chord.

- Trout

Steve Green

That would resonate with the Kleggs, Murd's race appearing in Low Life.

I felt Fargo's speech at the end of Origins could be read in a similar manner - that it was talking about the strip, or particularly those who take Dredd at face value.

And then there were the Tooth characters in Zaucer...

Mattofthespurs

Just re-read issues 1804-1811.
It's true.
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 November, 2012, 01:21:28 PM
That would resonate with the Kleggs, Murd's race appearing in Low Life.

I felt Fargo's speech at the end of Origins could be read in a similar manner - that it was talking about the strip, or particularly those who take Dredd at face value.

And then there were the Tooth characters in Zaucer...

And a general longing and even nostalgia for the pre-DoC city.

Mabs

Just finished reading this weeks Prog...WOW!

More thoughts to follow...
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's an idea Goaty, if you put a spoiler for the next prog in a thread and mention the fact it's a spoiler, then the least you can do is [spoiler]SPOILER[/spoiler] the DROKKER! The images you have put up may or may not ruin it but come on ::)