Main Menu

Prog 1811 Moonshot!

Started by oshii, 24 November, 2012, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

(cont) i love and much prefer the digital storytelling. I cannot wait to read the entirety of the ABCs from top to tail in a series of fart casefiles-style volumes. There's a real mythic quality to them that even Slaine doesnt quite reach.

Next week's prog may make my head expode, but if one sequence makes me laugh as much as "dirty frank is definitely going to just miss it and fly right past!" i will be doubly happy.

SBT

Goaty

I wonder for Prog 1812, which two stories get double length, and in which order? Hope Dredd is last, but likely Simping got something biggest, ace in the hole?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 28 November, 2012, 09:14:51 PM
I wonder for Prog 1812, which two stories get double length, and in which order? Hope Dredd is last, but likely Simping got something biggest, ace in the hole?

It's one story drawn by Carl Critchlow, I presume.

DavidNewbigging

The way I see it, there's only one way this can go : [spoiler]Hershey buys it and Dredd feels like he has to take on the job.[/spoiler]

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 November, 2012, 09:17:25 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 28 November, 2012, 09:14:51 PM

It's one story drawn by Carl Critchlow, I presume.

No offense, but it feelings like bittersweet, as wish they kept their artists to their stories, as Carl Critchlow sort of weak one of my fave Dredd stories - Mandroid.  :-\

Frank

Quote from: DavidNewbigging on 28 November, 2012, 09:17:57 PM
The way I see it, there's only one way this can go : [spoiler]Hershey buys it and Dredd feels like he has to take on the job.[/spoiler]

Letting the B team handle that kind of development would be unprecedented in Wagner world.

JUDGE BURNS

My copy of prog 1811 FINALLY Arrived thru the letter box today !!!??? A wednesday ???!!! 
The subs copies are supposed to be here on a saturday arent they.  This is the latest my subs prog has ever been .  Snecking royal Snail.

Besides my rant and rage....I loved this weeks prog. DREDD/LOWLIFE /SIMPING DETECTIVE....awesome.

Looking forward in 3 days for the next prog ( which had better arrive on time, or I'm goona go up to 4 on the dial  )

DavidNewbigging

Quote from: we are all roger godpleton on 28 November, 2012, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: DavidNewbigging on 28 November, 2012, 09:17:57 PM

Letting the B team handle that kind of development would be unprecedented in Wagner world.

It would fit with what he said about letting other writers run with the new setup. He said at the Glasgow Comic Con this year that he didn't know if he would write another Dredd.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 28 November, 2012, 09:19:47 PM
No offense, but it feelings like bittersweet, as wish they kept their artists to their stories, as Carl Critchlow sort of weak one of my fave Dredd stories - Mandroid.  :-\

Critchlow's the perfect choice for rendering all 3 characters in one episode, he's got the pathos and the humour plus I'm sure it made sense to have one artist working on the 'big one' for consistency.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DavidNewbigging on 28 November, 2012, 09:23:22 PM
It would fit with what he said about letting other writers run with the new setup. He said at the Glasgow Comic Con this year that he didn't know if he would write another Dredd.

He all ready has, that new Dark Judges story next year.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: DavidNewbigging on 28 November, 2012, 09:23:22 PM

Au contraire...

The Judge Dredd panel at New York Comic Con packed one of the larger panel rooms in the Javits Center with fans who seemed to know "Judge Dredd" better than any of the other comics that run in the British weekly "2000 AD," but who were happy to hear the creators talk about their new and old work -- and to salute each one with a rousing cheer.

Several major announcements were made in the course of the panel: "2000 AD" editor Matt Smith will be writing a "Judge Dredd: Year One" miniseries for IDW Publishing, and writer John Wagner, who created Judge Dredd along with artist Carlos Ezquerra, will return as the writer of the "Judge Dredd" series in 2013. Wagner's last Dredd work was the "Day of Chaos" story....

Creator John Wagner is returning to "Judge Dredd" in 2013, his first work on the strip since the "Day of Chaos" storyline. Wagner will also write a story about the Dark Judges, called "Dark Justice," with art by Greg Staples, which will run alongside the regular "Judge Dredd" comic.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

QuoteLetting the B team handle that kind of development would be unprecedented in Wagner world.

I agree that this sort of action would be one that I think only Wagner would or could get away with, I think the use of the description 'B team' is a bit insulting to the creators.

FWIW, this is equal to the run of progs that featured the whole SD Ragnarok Job/Rage run of stories, and they are my favourite comic stories of all time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 November, 2012, 09:43:08 PM
I think the use of the description 'B team' is a bit insulting to the creators.

Frank

I've enjoyed all the Ewing Dredd stories I've read, and wouldn't argue with those saying that he's proven he can handle the character better than any new Dredd writer in the last twenty years.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: we are all roger godpleton on 28 November, 2012, 09:52:58 PM

I've enjoyed all the Ewing Dredd stories I've read, and wouldn't argue with those saying that he's proven he can handle the character better than any new Dredd writer in the last twenty years.

Indeed. At the risk of steering into hyperbole, this current MC-1 story is as good as any Dredd classic that has gone before.
The scope and ambition and sheer audacity of all the creators is astonishing.