Main Menu

Prog 1811 Moonshot!

Started by oshii, 24 November, 2012, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 November, 2012, 09:50:56 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 November, 2012, 09:43:08 PM
I think the use of the description 'B team' is a bit insulting to the creators.

Left to right: Mike Carroll, Al Ewing, Si Spurrier and Rob Williams (in a wig).

Steve Green

What I'd love (but financially improbable), is to have the 3 artists doing their own variant progs, just to see how they'd approach the same script.

Goaty

Oh horrible thought about the fate of Hershey's. As few Progs ago, there was Judge Child moments appears, but that was the story introducing Hershey first time... so is it end of her...

a chosen rider

Really don't want to see Hershey killed off just as her relationship with Dredd has been getting really interesting.  I desperately want more scenes of her bawling him out for his inability to play well with others.  And there needs to be long-term fallout from him running this whole sting operation without her knowledge or permission.

I would be happy to see an injured Dredd take a temporary stint in the big chair until he's street-ready again, though.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Robert Frazer

Whenever Dredd's taken a bad knock in previous adventures I have to confess that I've always been pretty cynically disdainful about it - "oh, he's top billing, there's no way they'd kill him off.", that sort of thing.

But this time... chaps, things really and honestly look dicey for him here. It's going to take more than a spin in the speedheal to fix this...!

QuoteHershey buys it and Dredd feels like he has to take on the job.

You know, that's actually quite credible, particularly when we remember Hershey giving Dredd an Interview Without Coffee a couple of weeks ago which could easily construe some foreshadowing. For over fifty years Dredd has been a latter-day Praetorian ensuring the sanctity of the Law when its practitioners go astray - but when he is, finally, after several near-misses, finally installed in the Chief Judge's seat, he is put to the ultimate test, one far more dangerous than any gunfight or face-off with Judge Death... is Joseph I-Am-The-Law Dredd truly incorruptible? Or has he just never been tempted before?
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Spikes

Well whats to say...
Crash, Bang, and indeed Wallop!
If Dredd this week feels slightly like an episode too far, then ill put that down to the fact the big pay off is just around the corner, and that the thrill build-up thats been so dazzling that its kinda taken the shine off everything else has, to a degree, come home to roost.
Not that i didnt like it, not at all - and its a minor niggle only, but perhaps the other Dredd-world episodes have outshone it this week. Dirty Frank, im looking at you.
And Dirty Frank is just simply panel after panel of perfection. [spoiler]Though i do think its not gonna end well for Frank..[/spoiler]
Simp i really enjoyed this week as well, after a couple of weeks of scratching my head.
Brass Sun has just been wonderful throughout, and i cant wait for more.
ABCWarriors started off for me, OK-ish, but ive really enjoyed the last handful of episodes, and yes - nice to see a return to full colour. I couldnt help think was that Mills being playful in the Deadlock panel on the 2nd half of the splash?

But getting back to Dredd, [spoiler]to paraphrase Bruce Willis in Pulp fiction, 'Dredd's dead, baby. Dredd's dead'. Or at least he should be. People will say weve seen this kinda thing before, and thats all true, but if this is Dredd's last then im strangely calm about it. And in a lot of ways, it makes kinda sense. I could imagine the aftermath of this, with Dredd gone but having saved MC1 - which ive no doubt he has, he's no longer the focus/sore point for the Sov's, and they may call it evens after the long and destructive Booth-Apocalypse War- DoC tit for tat cycle. Hershey may find the courage to go with her initial convictions of wanting to make a change, and starting again, from the bottom up - all tying up nicely with Origins. And certainly after all thats happened to MC1 there must be a appetite, from everbody, for an end to this circle of destruction. Dredd's gotta go, man! Wagner may not even want to be the one to kill off Dredd, and may only want to deal with its immediate aftermath before closing the book on Dredd. Just random musing on my behalf, as i said it gets you like that.. [/spoiler]

So unless those Mayan's wrong foot us by launching their DoC early, ill see you all at the wrap party.

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 28 November, 2012, 10:47:38 PM
[spoiler]to paraphrase Bruce Willis in Pulp fiction, 'Dredd's dead, baby. Dredd's dead'. Or at least he should be. People will say weve seen this kinda thing before, and thats all true, but if this is Dredd's last then im strangely calm about it. Wagner may not even want to be the one to kill off Dredd, and may only want to deal with its immediate aftermath before closing the book on Dredd. Just random musing on my behalf, as i said it gets you like that.. [/spoiler]

After holding out for the trade collection of Origins, I swore it would take Wagner's final Dredd story to get me buying the weekly again. It would be ironic if I'd already read that story without realising, but I doubt it.

Richmond Clements

Nah, I reckon Dirty Frank is the Wile E Coyote of 2000AD. He's always getting his head kicked in, but always comes back... I hope...

Goaty

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 November, 2012, 11:01:14 PM
Nah, I reckon Dirty Frank is the Wile E Coyote of 2000AD. He's always getting his head kicked in, but always comes back... I hope...

Did he got about 5 bullet holes in his body when he went to Sino?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 28 November, 2012, 10:47:38 PM

But getting back to Dredd, [spoiler]to paraphrase Bruce Willis in Pulp fiction, 'Dredd's dead, baby. Dredd's dead'. Or at least he should be. People will say weve seen this kinda thing before, and thats all true, but if this is Dredd's last then im strangely calm about it. And in a lot of ways, it makes kinda sense. I could imagine the aftermath of this, with Dredd gone but having saved MC1 - which ive no doubt he has, he's no longer the focus/sore point for the Sov's, and they may call it evens after the long and destructive Booth-Apocalypse War- DoC tit for tat cycle. Hershey may find the courage to go with her initial convictions of wanting to make a change, and starting again, from the bottom up - all tying up nicely with Origins. And certainly after all thats happened to MC1 there must be a appetite, from everbody, for an end to this circle of destruction. Dredd's gotta go, man! Wagner may not even want to be the one to kill off Dredd, and may only want to deal with its immediate aftermath before closing the book on Dredd. Just random musing on my behalf, as i said it gets you like that.. [/spoiler]

So unless those Mayan's wrong foot us by launching their DoC early, ill see you all at the wrap party.

So Tharg will have to scrap Wagner's Dredd stories written for next year then.

Dredd is not Father Karras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-u9RWe0Jo&t=1m13s

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 November, 2012, 11:11:21 PM
So Tharg will have to scrap Wagner's Dredd stories written for next year then.

Yes, its been stated that Wagners returning to Dredd, as well as Death(?) next year.
Do you happen know what those Dredd stories will be about?

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 November, 2012, 11:01:14 PM

Yeah, i hope so as well...
Franks expressions so wonderfully drawn, and conveying so much. Food for thought.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 28 November, 2012, 11:31:43 PM
Yes, its been stated that Wagners returning to Dredd, as well as Death(?) next year.
Do you happen know what those Dredd stories will be about?

I'm think it's a safe bet that like getting a bullet in the heart or getting a knife in the throat, falling down the stairs won't stop Dredd meeting the DJs next year.

Spikes

Oh for sure, but its all part of the fun to wonder how itll all play out, isnt it.
If Dredd did go, for the first time i think i'd be OK with that. Credit to how good, and engrossing Dredd(world) has been this year.

A.Cow

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 November, 2012, 03:15:37 PM
So Carl Critchlow is the man on duty for Prog 1812's art. Should be Zarjaz².

Big up da Southport posse!

I once got complimented by Carl (in the street, in Southport) for wearing a Prog 2000 T-shirt, but (a) I didn't know it was him, and (b) he kinda took me by surprise, so I gave a smile but got stuck for words.  I only realised this year when I saw a photo.  The man is a cast iron genius!

vzzbux

If this is Dredd's swansong then maybe it's time for Rico to don the Dredd badge.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.