Main Menu

Prog 1812 Trifecta

Started by Mattofthespurs, 01 December, 2012, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Yep! But I prefer it with Dredd and Alpha!

Hawkmumbler

Nah, the Dredd/ Hershey/ Point/ Frank/ Maitland is slightly more sensible and Judgement Day didn't have Dirty frank screaming "SAVE THE CHIEF JUDGE IN AN OVERLY MACHO MANNER!" :lol:

James Stacey

I'm tempted to cancel my subscription and just wait for Goatys edited highlights  :lol:

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 December, 2012, 10:58:25 AMNah, the Dredd/ Hershey/ Point/ Frank/ Maitland is slightly more sensible and Judgement Day didn't have Dirty frank screaming "SAVE THE CHIEF JUDGE IN AN OVERLY MACHO MANNER!" :lol:
That, and pretty much everything else that comes from Frank's mouth, was a genuine LOL.

Goaty

Nah...

Dredd!
Alpha!
Ezquerra!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Goaty on 07 December, 2012, 10:45:17 AM

I just wish Carl's Dredd carrried a bit more umph! and less Joey Ramone
DDT did a job on me

Dodsy

Quick Question: Was Judge Smiley a "new" character? Or is he somebody that has gotten lost in continuity that the writers have brought back?
Twitter - @dodsy84

IndigoPrime

He's new, hence the amusing nods of "not in the official history".

Goaty

Quote from: dodsy on 07 December, 2012, 12:56:40 PM
Quick Question: Was Judge Smiley a "new" character? Or is he somebody that has gotten lost in continuity that the writers have brought back?

He maybe be the one that in background in Simping Detective?

Pioneer

Quote from: Goaty on 07 December, 2012, 12:58:46 PM

Interesting question that one, as I think Saudade is the first time he actually appeared, but it apparently shows him on board the H-Wagon that picked up Frank from the blizzard in Low Life: Creation, and shows him in a 'black ops'  capacity offering Frank a job in the Wally Squad.

Whether or not Rob Williams intended for him to be a part of Franks continuity back when he wrote Creation, or whether he saw Saudade as an opportunity to link him in to it all? Maybe one for Twitter if he's on there??

Hawkmumbler

That. And I wouldn't be surprised if his hand's have been seen in one of the many flashback's to Franks past in Low Life. Does this make Smiley property of Spurrier, Williams or Ewing?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 December, 2012, 10:55:24 PM
and everybody lives happily ever after...

Are you complaining because Saudade was painless? I'd argue it brought on many changes...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Andy Smart

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 December, 2012, 01:18:46 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 December, 2012, 10:55:24 PM
and everybody lives happily ever after...

Are you complaining because Saudade was painless? I'd argue it brought on many changes...

Cheers!

Jim

And I can take or leave it if I please.

James Stacey

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 December, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

That. And I wouldn't be surprised if his hand's have been seen in one of the many flashback's to Franks past in Low Life. Does this make Smiley property of Spurrier, Williams or Ewing?

Hopefully no one persons property. The Wagner / Grant character carve up has led to no Anderson in recent continuity which is a shame.

I, Cosh

Good effort Jim.

For once I'll actually be interested to read the script droids talking about the process of putting all this together. My reading of it is that Smiley is a new character retroactively fitted into the gaps in the other stories. Dirty Frank's origin in The Deal is probably recent enough for this to have been in the pipeline at the time. However, it feels like a bit of a swansong for Simping Detective with the peremptory death of Davies and resolution of the DeMarco thing so they probably just slipped Smiley in where somebody else may have been.

Out of interest I tried to reread Trifecta as individual story strands. It just about made sense.
We never really die.