Prog 1812 Trifecta

Started by Mattofthespurs, 01 December, 2012, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 December, 2012, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 December, 2012, 10:23:25 PM
Extractor-Fan to outside building.

With in-built sulphur filter.

All the answers are in the story. Those biscuits you see Smiley dunking are the charcoal biscuits you get to stop your dog's farts from stinking out the house.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 05 December, 2012, 10:40:48 PM
or maybe a toilet?

Toilets don't stop smells, they encourage them.

Spikes

Quote from: sauchie on 05 December, 2012, 10:30:30 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 05 December, 2012, 10:15:56 PM
No Judge Dredd?, no Judge Dredd title. That is all.

I forgot to mention that Judge Giant is the coolest name for anything ever.

Judge Giant is like Prince Charles. He'll be waiting forever to take the crown..

vzzbux

They have the Megazine to do in depth character developments who are not Dredd.
Giant could flourish there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

M.I.K.

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 05 December, 2012, 10:42:05 PM
why do people keep calling it 2013 instead of 1813? What am I missing?

End of year progs are named for the year they lead into. Been that way for the past 13 years, (and no, nobody knows what the prog after prog 1999 will be called yet).

Steve Green

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 05 December, 2012, 09:47:27 PM
QuoteDont honestly know how Prog 2013 can out-thrill 1812 or the expectation thereof- but i'll look forward to it trying.

Easily, Prog 2013 wont have Cold Deck in it.

Since (I guess) prog 2000 which was the end of year prog, they've been named after the upcoming year.

Anyway back to the smells...

With Logan's rotten arm, Roffman's new sphincter, and Dirty Frank I think Smiley could get away with lavatorial murder and not be noticed.

Frank

Quote from: M.I.K. on 05 December, 2012, 11:13:43 PM

End of year progs are named for the year they lead into. Been that way for the past 13 years, (and no, nobody knows what the prog after prog 1999 will be called yet).

... and those progs have basically taken the place of the old annuals. Think of next week's issue as the 2000ad annual 2013 without the cardboard cover and reprint material, but which retains that format's license to tell different kinds of one-off stories.

Steve Green

Now if only they could do something special for the summer as well...

Professor Bear

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 December, 2012, 11:15:45 PMWith Logan's rotten arm, Roffman's new sphincter, and Dirty Frank I think Smiley could get away with lavatorial murder and not be noticed.

Those are recent developments - Smiley's been living in the walls for 20 years now.
And extractor fans won't cut it, as anyone who's been on a tour bus will tell you.  The first rule of Tour Bus is NO SOLIDS IN THE JIMMY.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Unicorn Bukakke on 05 December, 2012, 11:37:58 PM
And extractor fans won't cut it, as anyone who's been on a tour bus will tell you.  The first rule of Tour Bus is NO SOLIDS IN THE JIMMY.

If there's only one person in the tour bus, who's to know?

Anyway, I reckon Smiley's the type who shits in plastic bags that go down the waste disposal chute.

He's doing it now,

Spikes

Just noticed a nice bit of [spoiler]boot knife action[/spoiler] from Dredd on page six. Down, but never out.

Spikes

jannerboyuk

Quote from: M.I.K. on 05 December, 2012, 11:13:43 PM

ta for that

Daveycandlish

Trifecta? Perfecta!

Brilliant finale - and great to see the Critchlow droid has been recommissioned.

Can't wait for the 2013 prog!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Hawkmumbler

I have a few art quibles:
Maitland is initialy dipicted as having the general left shoulder pad of a Judge, then the one with the % sign later.
Jack Point is holding his left jaw where his tooth has previously been painful in one panel, but after his flashback he is holding his right jaw.
Bachmann goes to hit Dredd with her right hand but he catches her left hand. That last one's just sloppy.

Bar humbug I say! Critchlow can draw anything and make it look awsome, even Clown's and Aliens vs. Ninja's! Love his depiction of Larf. let's see him draw Raptour's again!