Main Menu

I vote for The VC's and Robohunter.

Started by Thread Zero, 03 January, 2002, 10:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I reckon you can't go wrong reprinting the VC's or Sam Slade  Robohunter in the Meg.

The Vc's - nice future war. Should go down well with those who like their fair share of blood 'n guts and alien persecution.

Verdus and Day of the Droids - They have some lovely Ian Gibson art and funny, absurd humour from John the beast Wagner.
And if you don't fall in love with Hoagy, there's no saving you!
scojo

Thread Zero

But they ain't in colour!

Mmmm.

Rogue Trooper "War Machine" by Dave Gibbons and Will Simpson.

Now I am sure most meg readers would love that.

scojo

evil.genius

Thread Zero

davidtobin100

I don't see why we can't have the vcs in colour. The poster in prog2002 had great colouring. I think it might be a good idea to get Chris Blythe to colour some of the older classics.
two very good reasons:
1. Nobody complains about the lack of colour reprints.
2. People who already have the originals have something new too.
I think it could be a good idea, what about everyone else?

Thread Zero

Great idea, but what about the cost, eh?

You have to pay Chris Blythe for his work, plus it may cost more to print colour in the Meg.

scojo the economist

Jayzus B. Christ

Also, does anyone remember Alan Craddock's unpleasant colouring job on the reprint of the first Rogue Trooper story? It was mouldy. Mind you, digital colouring is way better now, especially Chris Blythe's - it seems to suit everyone's penwork (except maybe Siku's).

Thread Zero

I for one would love to see an all colour meg but as I say, I feel the cost would have to rise.

Also you may get some people saying the old black and white strips were better without colour.

There's nowt pleasing some folk!

scojo

Mudcrab

For sure!! Classic books and drawn by THE MAN himself.

Come to think of it, how about a new one??? That reminds me, I've got one I haven't read. That's book clubs for you :-)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Trough

Yay for The Stainless Steel Rat!  I hereby voice my support for this one seeing the light of day once more.

"Slippery" Trough