Main Menu

How do you store your 2k's?

Started by Thread Zero, 04 January, 2002, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I put mine in comic bags one on top of the other. And after a year or two at the side of my bed, I put them in a cool, non damp wardrobe.

Anybody use boards or other ways to store them?

scojo

Thread Zero

I recommend comic bags for old and new 2k's. After a time the white paper fades a bit.

And the old 2k's before prog 520 will go yellow quickly.
In most comic shops the 2k's are stacked horizontally. This is ok but you can fray the bottom edges.

I stack them one on top of the other. The advantage of doing it like this is that after a while, the weight of the comics on the one below act like an iron. They flatten and remove most page creases you may have.

Sorry if I am sounding really dull here!

scojo

Tu-plang

i have progs 580-780 or so, 1111-present, best of monthlies 30-80 or thereabouts, about 50 megs, and a few other stuff, and i just stack them up in piles on my shelves.  none of this "cool, dry place in an airtight bag under lock and key in a reinforced steel safe" bollocks.  Then again, my progs are probably rotting.

paulvonscott

I keep mine in a pit (dimensions: 2ft diameter, 8ft deep) that used to be used for other purposes.  I throw them all in and mix them up with a human thighbone and fish one out at random with a long pole with a hook on the end.

My 2000AD's however are in bags lying around in various piles.  This is all a remnant of a time when I gave a damn.  Any newer issues are scattered all over the place, bagless, in various nooks and crannies.  I can't remember the last time I dug some old progs out to read.

Wood

Half of them are in cardboard magazine files on a shelf; the rest are in neat piles on the shelf beneath.

Dominic O'Rourke

mine lay about for 4-6 weeks, longer if theres long ongoing stuff, then without caution are transfered, sometimes bending a spine, to a safety PVC liner, in a damp and smelly corner of the kitchen, from where it is taken every tuesday morning to the 'chute' Oh! great chute! and finds it's way to the glorious landfill site that is the South East of England!
The megs on the other hand are all stood side by side on the shelves over the TV, waiting magazine boxes to store them in.
Member No. 10

nemesis

Thats the way!! mind you im not really collecting for the sake of collecting i buy them and they accumulate on shelves and there not even in order perish the thought!!

wiggy

Hi Guys, just found this site, ive been enjoying 2000ad since prog 344, i keep my progs in walkers crisp boxes mostly. my loft is full of them!!!

W. R. Logan

Just to add nothing to this storage debate.
All 2000's in 2000AD storage boxes all in plastic 2000AD bags and the first 500 progs have acid free backing boards. Very sad and anal but it gives me something to do on the cold winters nights.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Mudcrab

Mine are mostly in piles in my (cool dry) wardrobe. I'm about to get some proper boxes and sleeves for the pre 500's. Got 1-100ish in sleeves anyway, but thought I'd do it sensibly and make some room for my girlfriends clothes!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!