Main Menu

Prog 1844 30 Years of Slaughter

Started by coastguardjackuk, 03 August, 2013, 12:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisticuffs

I loved his art in ABC Warriors recently, I think it suits cold, hard mechanical things perfectly, just doesn't look right to me when used for more fleshy stuff (of which there is alot on show this week! :D ).

JUDGE BURNS

HURRAH  My prog arrived today ( monday). Ripped it open and what a Slaine supercover. Dark and menacing. Then I read on and notice that i have variant cover no.2 of 2.  So I will have to rush out and by cover no.1

Dredd wraps up neatly with the final part of scavengers. Carl critchlow draws a real mean Dredd, reminds of Henry Flints' style.

Slaine:  Dark and broody art by Clint Langley. Its been too long since the last time we saw  Slaine. A good opener for the Book of Scars storyline. Highlight of the prog !

The rest I can take with a pinch of salt and wll re-read them once their respective storylines are complete.

Plus I received 2 Graphic novels in the post today as well: Caballistics Inc. Volumes 1 & 2  :D

Plenty of reading material for me today then.

Mabs

Judge Burns, once you finish reading them let me know what you think, if it sounds good then I might order them myself. I thought Absalom: Ghosts of London (which is an offshot of Cabillistic Inc) was brilliant!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dark Jimbo

Do bear in mind MABS and BURNS that due to some really odd descions by the graphic novel department of the time (i.e. not waiting until the saga was finished) you'll also need progs 1551-1558 and Prog 2008, to complete the full Cabs run.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Not read it yet but its arrived (seemed to be the theme at the start of the thread or some such) anyway I got the Langley wrap around but would prefer the Simon Davis cover. So if anybody fancies a swap I'd be game?

Simply Si

I always thought that subscribers got both variant covers?  :o
Do you have to put something witty here?

hippynumber1

I think digital subscribers do get both but us mere physical subs get a randomly chosen one...

Molch-R

Quote from: Simply Si on 05 August, 2013, 07:36:21 PM

Nyet. This is, I think, only the second one we've done after the anniversary Prog last year - subscribers only got one version then too.

Colin YNWA

Well it maybe Slaine's prog and that last panel is indeed tantalizing, if getting there was a little contrived, 30 years is certainly noteworthy but thirty years, schmerty years give me Ten Seconders any days. By the Gods, it is truly magnificent.

Elsewhere I'm a little surprise and saddened to see Dredd end so quickly, loved this but the end did feel a bit rushed. Defoe had one of its up episodes for me, really quite enjoyed this for a change, but I think we can all see where its going... can't we. Age of the Wolf... well that continued.

Ten Seconder though... bloody hell that was good!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Molch-R on 05 August, 2013, 07:58:52 PM
Nyet. This is, I think, only the second one we've done after the anniversary Prog last year - subscribers only got one version then too.
Nah, there was the ABC Warriors/Shadow Warriors one where subbers got one Prog with both covers attached or something. Meaning there are really three variants of that. And the Dredd/Aliens one.
We never really die.

Molch-R

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 August, 2013, 08:39:14 PM
Nah, there was the ABC Warriors/Shadow Warriors one where subbers got one Prog with both covers attached or something. Meaning there are really three variants of that. And the Dredd/Aliens one.

I stand corrected :)

blixab

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 August, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

It used to state on the subs renewal form that subscribers got all variant covers, normally, with a double cover of both variants, although that seemed to stop with 1771 and now this one!! Wonder if there are any out there??

Davek

Does anyone know how many progs the Book of Scars will run for (and will it be uninterrupted)?  Dont know whether to return to the Prog for Slaine or wait for the trade... :-[

I, Cosh

Quote from: Davek on 05 August, 2013, 09:58:23 PM
Does anyone know how many progs the Book of Scars will run for (and will it be uninterrupted)?  Dont know whether to return to the Prog for Slaine or wait for the trade... :-[
Six weeks I believe and it looks like the trade will be out right afterwards.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Davek link=t :D38980.msg777040#msg777040 date=1375736303

Another 30 years, he has to go through each story and redo every level and the boss at the end :D

Cover: 30 years of Laughter, with more than a hint of sexy ostriches on the back...

Dredd was a fine tale wonderfully realised, that Carl gives damn good Dredd. Great humour and wrap up, Is that a version of the yellow submarine?

Defoe is really moving along, lets hope he stays true to his Levelling roots.

The Jackie book of cars: six/seven pages of talking heads and the promise of repeating every adventure one more time, but in colour through a glass darkly...

Wolf half tones, not setting my heart on fire but it shouldn't over stay its welcome if it finishes soonish.

10 seconders: Enjoying this big bold and brashy mash up, some nice twists and turns, loved the intellectual limitations comment.
DDT did a job on me