Main Menu

Colin Wilson Rogue Trooper 2000AD Artwork For Sale!

Started by Royd, 11 August, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royd

As most here know, Colin Wilson followed Dave Gibbons on the Rogue Trooper stories in 2000AD and created many memorable stories featuring the Genetic Infantryman.  I have recently gone through my listing of available Rogue Trooper pages and removed the sold pages to better display the remaining pages available for sale.

There are 11 pages left, most showing good images of Rogue Trooper and they can be viewed here (price details are shown with the scans) - http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=71522   

Payment can be made to my Paypal account at roydster@yahoo.com   All artwork will be shipped flat, packed in sealable plastic bags and securely taped between two ½ inch thick sheets of foam core board. Postage rates will be provided once the artwork is ready to send.  If you have any queries, please contact me via roydster@yahoo.com   Thanks for looking!  Warm regards.

Royd

ming

Royd is great to deal with - and his packaging of art is the best I've ever encountered.  Tempted to return for another helping of Colin's pages myself...  Hmm.

Spikes

Jim_Campbell

There's a page there I'd love... but my wife would actually kill me if I spent that much money on a piece of artwork...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Royd

Thanks for the recommendation David, much appreciated mate :)

Quote from: ming on 11 August, 2013, 07:12:55 PM
Royd is great to deal with - and his packaging of art is the best I've ever encountered.  Tempted to return for another helping of Colin's pages myself...  Hmm.

Royd

As a fellow collector on a budget, I understand where you're coming from Jim :)  Of course, I have to do the best I can for my friend (and client) as well as make it affordable to collectors.  Believe me, this is more a hobby for me as I enjoy the contact with Colin and with other collectors.  Best,

Royd

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 August, 2013, 08:34:39 PM
There's a page there I'd love... but my wife would actually kill me if I spent that much money on a piece of artwork...!

Cheers

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Royd on 12 August, 2013, 06:52:37 AMOf course, I have to do the best I can for my friend (and client) as well as make it affordable to collectors.

Please don't think I was suggesting that the prices are unreasonable. Quite the reverse!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Royd

Not at all Jim, I was just sympathising with budgetary restrictions :)

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 August, 2013, 07:46:52 AM
Quote from: Royd on 12 August, 2013, 06:52:37 AMOf course, I have to do the best I can for my friend (and client) as well as make it affordable to collectors.

Please don't think I was suggesting that the prices are unreasonable. Quite the reverse!

Cheers

Jim

Steven Sterlacchini

Very tempted. If there's anything left in a couple of weeks, I may have to go for it.

Royd

Just wanted to say thanks for the great response to date, 4 of the pages are currently on hold while the sales are progressed!  Best,

Royd

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Royd on 12 August, 2013, 11:03:58 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the great response to date, 4 of the pages are currently on hold while the sales are progressed!  Best,

Royd

Pleased for both you and Colin, Royd. There are some lovely pages there - and the ones sold already must have been awesome if these are the ones that are left. Sadly my pipeline is full to bursting, so I'm having to pass, but please post on here again when other stuff comes up for sale...

Royd

Thanks Simeon!  As a matter of interest, I'm waiting for Colin to get back to me about the 6 page Rogue Trooper story he illustrated which was written by Andy Diggle.

Colin is looking at offering the complete story up for sale although he has promised a friend first refusal. If the friend passes on the story, I'll advertise it here for sale :)  Warm regards,

Royd

Quote from: SimeonB on 12 August, 2013, 01:08:39 PM

Royd

Pleased for both you and Colin, Royd. There are some lovely pages there - and the ones sold already must have been awesome if these are the ones that are left. Sadly my pipeline is full to bursting, so I'm having to pass, but please post on here again when other stuff comes up for sale...

ming

Royd

Good to hear, Royd - I'm sure these will all be heading to very loving homes...  Good luck with the rest of the sale!

Greg M.

My Colin Wilson pages arrived safely from Royd today (from Oz to Scotland in a week!) - scans'll be up on the Original Art Thread in due course, but I just wanted to confirm the earlier glowing recommendations of dealing with Royd. He is an absolute gentleman and bloomin' lovely to deal with, and he sure knows how to package artwork. Well worth getting yourself a page from Royd while they last! I know I'm tempted to go back for another already...